Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Depressed about breasts

(14 Posts)
jennifersofia Sun 10-Apr-05 23:19:24

I find it hard to accept that what used to be one of the main things that made me feel attractive and womanly and sexy are now a total non-event. I keep looking at strapless things that would look nice with a good cleavage only to remember that I no longer have one. I try to console myself with thinking that it went into my children, but I just wish I could have some of it back! I am 2 sizes smaller than pre-child which in itself wouldn't be a problem, but it is also the saggy and flat nature of them that bothers me! My mother and friend think that if I gained more weight, I would gain more breast, but I think I would end up more pear shaped with saggy flat breasts. (Am currently 5'3" and about 7.5 stone)
I know it sounds frivolous, but it is getting me down. How do others deal with this emotionally?

Tinker Sun 10-Apr-05 23:22:36

How old is your child? Took me a few years or so to get backish to pre-child. 7.5 stone is very light though.

jennifersofia Sun 10-Apr-05 23:36:24

Oh dear, sorry - my calculations are wrong - just realised there are 14 pounds to a stone, not 16.... I actually weigh about 8.5 stone. My eldest is 4, youngest is 2.5, so I don't think it will change (other than get worse if we manage to have a 3rd..)
Sorry to whinge - thanks for posting Tinker.

mmmmchocolate Sun 10-Apr-05 23:39:26

feel the same DD is 7 months and what was prob one of my best features are now, horrible saggy flat things that i moan about daily.... Do they improve?

80sMum Sun 10-Apr-05 23:41:26

I'm also 5'3", 7.5 stone and pear shaped! I went from 32B to 32AA after I finished breastfeeding, and unfortunately that's how I've stayed.
The best thing you can do is firstly rejoice that you're slim and can wear many styles that larger ladies can't, then secondly only buy clothes that flatter the body you have now - this means no low-cut, no v-necks, no strappless or strappy styles; go instead for slash-neck, boat-neck, crew neck or high neck styles. Find out what colours and styles suit you best and stick to them; play up to your good points and wear clothes that show off your slender shape. If you know you look good in what you wear your confidence will come back.

jennifersofia Sun 10-Apr-05 23:58:03

mmmmchocolate, I think that generally they do improve or 'come back' but it takes a while (up to a year?), mine just never have.
80'sMum - thanks for the encouraging post. I think I just haven't got used to this new body - also I never buy any clothes, so only have old ones that aren't flattering. I am sure you are right, it would help to feel I had clothes that I felt attractive in.
Did you have a sense of 'mourning your loss' when your breasts never came back to the same extent?

emmatom Mon 11-Apr-05 00:09:11

jennifersofia, At least you can have fond memories of what once was!!

I've always had little boobs but that is what these lovely padded bras were made for.

With the right underwear and right top you can still look magnificent and therefore feel good.

Be proud of what your body has produced. It just needs a little helping hand now.

Listmaker Mon 11-Apr-05 12:48:21

JenniferSofia - mine were just the same but I've put on 3 stone and now they look OK again (OK so I'll never go braless again but they have some firmness to them!) but obviously the downside is that I'm now a size 18!!!! Life's a bitch and all that!!!

pragmatist Mon 11-Apr-05 13:10:50

Could you not save up for breast implants if it makes you that depressed?

Janos Wed 13-Apr-05 12:53:26

(((JenniferSofia)))

It's rotten isn't it. Some of the mums at my mum and baby group were laughing about how they had to roll theirs up! Mine have definitley changed and got smaller since giving birth.

However, maybe you could focus on your good features - I'm the same height as you and weigh nearly 12 stone s I'm very envious of your slim figure. I bet you look great - my stomach is like a huge lump of soggy bread dough - bleargh!

mancmum Wed 13-Apr-05 13:05:42

mine went from a lush 34DD down to a fairly nondescript 34B.. luckily they have not drooped and are still just about above my ribs.. the rest of my body is crap and I used to like my boobs... so I do feel I have lost something rare...

I got down about it for a while but then ivested in a couple of Elle McPherson bras and they are divine and make my boobs look fab.. might be worth a go... I am in midst of redefining my look based on post baby body... need to focus on soemthing else now... currently buying loads of nice necklaces as I like my throat and shoulders... and there are times when I am glad am flat chested as some necklaces look crap on big boobs ....

Tinker Wed 13-Apr-05 13:25:04

Ahem. Some of us are very grateful for even being 34B

pabla Wed 13-Apr-05 13:56:23

Glad to know it's not just me this has happened to! I have three kids, youngest is 13 months. I don't remember noticing any difference when I stopped breastfeeding the others - went back to my pre-pregnancy size (or even slightly bigger). A couple of months back i went to M&S to get some new bras as I felt my pre-pregnancy ones had got a bit old and shapeless. I got measured, was told I was 36B (my old size) but when I started trying them on they were all too baggy - I ended up getting some padded 36AAs - I haven't been AA since I was a teenager. I think it's because they are so saggy . I have lost some weight since last baby was born (not intentionally) but I'm not exactly skinny.

ambrosia Wed 13-Apr-05 14:04:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now