Talk

Advanced search

Proud mummy showing off her fab new nursery decor!

(27 Posts)
katzguk Sun 10-Apr-05 12:41:43

We are so pleased with the murals on our nursery walls that i thought i would share them with you all!!

nurserypics

purpleturtle Sun 10-Apr-05 12:44:26

very cool! shall be coming to inspect as soon as we're out of quarantine! Meanwhile, taking advantage of a slightly subdued dd with chicken pox to paint the kitchen green

Yorkiegirl Sun 10-Apr-05 13:22:52

Message withdrawn

collision Sun 10-Apr-05 13:24:40

WOW!! That looks fab! I would be so chuffed with myself if I had done that with the childrens room. You must be really pleased.

RTMTMML Sun 10-Apr-05 13:25:35

very nice! Good work!!!!!!

katzguk Sun 10-Apr-05 16:28:23

yep, we painted it!!

Our DD is very pleased and hopefully the new baby will be too when it arrives in June.

well we cheated slightly, i borrowed the data projector from work and projected the pictures onto the wall, then painted them in and then drew round them with marker pen. but they're not stickers or transfers!

Purpleturtle - see you soon, and we will have to come and inspect the green kitchen!

Yorkiegirl - we kinda decided well its only paint and you can paint it out when they get bored of it.

sacha3taylor Sun 10-Apr-05 17:52:00

Looks lovely - wish i could draw!

Yorkiegirl Sun 10-Apr-05 17:55:03

Message withdrawn

katzguk Sun 10-Apr-05 17:57:40

go for it yorkiegirl!! miffy would look great!!!

Yorkiegirl Sun 10-Apr-05 17:58:20

Message withdrawn

Shazzler Sun 10-Apr-05 18:00:26

I think they are great. Wish I was as artistic - don't have a single arty bone in my body.

katzguk Sun 10-Apr-05 18:14:26

shazzler - i'm not artistic i just traced the creatures onto the wall and then coloured them in. shouldn't confess to that and keep taking all the praise !!!

pixiefish Sun 10-Apr-05 18:31:49

Beautiful

katzguk Sun 10-Apr-05 19:54:58

thanks

juicychops Sun 10-Apr-05 20:46:00

wicked!! very original and cute

Hulababy Sun 10-Apr-05 20:49:59

Wow! You have worked hard there - I remember seeing it before you had got started. It looks fab

Oh, meant to tell you actually - in Morrisons (off the Parkway) they had some material toy bin things - red ladybird ones and green ones too (some form of insect/bug, can't reemember which). They were all in the sale too - last week.

Hulababy Sun 10-Apr-05 20:51:23

Fancy giving me a hand when we ever (of we ever) move round the corner? We are borrowning a projector/laptop from DH's work, and I have found a fairytail castle scene for the wall...

beansprout Sun 10-Apr-05 20:52:42

I'm very impressed! Brilliant idea re the OHP, I would never have thought of that! Now where can I get one....?!

biglips Sun 10-Apr-05 20:55:20

that is fab !!!! very impressed !!!

biglips Sun 10-Apr-05 20:59:41

have you put any glow paint on?, that glows of a night once you turned the lights out? as that would be good

hub2dee Sun 10-Apr-05 21:39:56

My fav: The flutterbys. Lovely.

hub2dee Sun 10-Apr-05 21:51:03

I just opened a thread with a couple of links to giant nature / jungle / oceans / space transfers and some v. nice butterfly garlands...

Here .

katzguk Mon 11-Apr-05 09:41:27

biglips - we've put some glittery paint on the butterflies. and the curtains are going to be a night scene with glow in the dark stars.

Hula - no problems wil come and help, absoulutely loved doing this room, will be a very sad day when they get bored of it!!

beansprout - might a local school lend you one for the weekend or you can get a cheap winnie the pooh projector for kids would probably do it

marthamoo Mon 11-Apr-05 10:13:56

It's lovely, katzguk - ds2 is looking over my shoulder and he said "oh I wish I had a bug like that on my bedroom wall...oh I wish I had a ladybud...oh I wish I had a gashopper...oh I wish I had a Pooh Bear like that!"

We painted ds1's room in our last house - rolling green hills, rainbow, blue skies, white fluffy clouds - it was lovely. Ds2 in this house got two orange walls, two yellow walls and a few framed prints of Daisy Duck and Elmer - we were just too tired second time around!

katierocket Mon 11-Apr-05 10:22:38

they're great katzguk. Have to say that i think a lot of hand painted murals are pretty dire, but I love those, very simple and they look really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now