Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Whats the difference between air conditioning and climate control in cars?

(8 Posts)
Nighbynight Sun 08-Feb-09 12:19:54

?
[clueless about new cars emoticon]

edam Sun 08-Feb-09 12:21:03

air conditioning causes global warming, climate control sorts it out. grin

(Sorry, don't have a clue either!)

Nighbynight Sun 08-Feb-09 12:29:33

f**k
oh well thats the earth down teh toilet then, cos we certainly cant afford climate controlgrin

Whats electronic stability control as well?

Reviews seem to think its a good thing to have, should I pay extra for it?

edam Sun 08-Feb-09 12:43:04

stops the electrics wobbling? grin

Nighbynight Sun 08-Feb-09 12:44:28

oh [disappointed] I thought it might be something to stop my chidlren fighting in the back

RubyRioja Sun 08-Feb-09 12:46:36

I think electronic stablility enables each wheel to breake independently to avoid skidding.

I think

bruxeur Sun 08-Feb-09 12:49:25

Air con makes the air cooler, and you generally control it with a dial - all blue to all red, or somewhere in between depending on how you feel.

Climate control means you can set the desired temperature, often on each side of the car, and the CC will maintain that. More accurate, less faff, more expensive.

ESC means that if a wheel starts slipping, or there's a discrepancy in the amaount of traction that one end or side of the car is generating, the car will cut power to a wheel or momentarily apply the brake, to keep you pointing in the right direction. Feels a bit funny sometimes but can be very safe.

Nighbynight Sun 08-Feb-09 12:56:14

thank you!

this new car business is a nightmare. I only want a car that costs 5k, seats 6, takes to the skies to avoid accidents and does 100 mpg. Whats hard about that???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now