Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feel like i am being crap...

(4 Posts)
SquidgeyMum Fri 08-Apr-05 23:57:10

Hi, have changed my nick just because i feel so crap about what i am typing. Basically my dp ex has recently had a baby boy. New mum has for a long time, had several issues which i believe have a psychological basis. She is pretty messed up as a person and has lots of issues with just about everything. Her husband and her are frequent a&e visitors whilst they both hate hospitals they have many physical problems that dissapear only to be replaced by new ones iykwim.

She had baby beginning of month (she was at time wheel chair bound due to ms etc) she was out of hosp within 24 hours and walking. Her new baby was admitted to hosp 1 week later with feeding problems, was discahrged about 4-5 days later.
We got a phone call from her at 6am a few days ago saying she was at end of tether with her husband and baby was crying in back ground. She made no mention of problems with baby (who contiuned to cry) and spoke about her relationship issues.

My dp spoke to her today to see how things were and now Social Services are involved and were alerted by psychologist who believes her to have munchausens syndrome. She has always refused psychiatric input (although it has been offered several times).

Have tried to support dp and listen to him but i am finding it really hard.

I know this woman and she does have big issues and needs to face up to them and take responsibility for her mental health and the well being of her child.. sorry kind of need to air all of this iykwim

BadgerBadger Sat 09-Apr-05 00:32:18

What a difficult situation to be in . I hope she gets the help she needs and that her LO comes out of this ok.

Why is she so heavily reliant on your DP that she calls you at 6am when she is finding things hard? Do they have children together? I don't mean to be nosey, but I can't imagine either DH or my ex's calling us in times of need TBH. I'd hope they'd contact their current friends if they needed help.....

SquidgeyMum Sat 09-Apr-05 00:36:19

they dont have children together. tbh i ask myself the same question too... dont know i am being the unreasonable one.

She also only has 1 female friend and her husband (with whom she has problems with too). Her family have disowned her. She had her niece (by marriage) she was looking after removed to foster care about 9 months ago as well. I am going to get some sleep now and mabe things will be clearer in the morning.

BadgerBadger Sat 09-Apr-05 00:58:23

I don't think you are being unreasonable at all, FWIW.

If she only has one female friend and her DH (which TBH is more than some people), but needs more support, it doesn't seem like she'll ever have the drive to seek it if she knows she can always turn to your DP.

Have you spoken with your DP about this? How does he feel about it?

My sympathies as this does sound hard . Her problems do sound awful and I hope things work out for her.

But you deserve to feel happy too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now