Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Present ideas for 7 yr old girl

(12 Posts)
SaintGeorge Fri 08-Apr-05 18:18:19

Please wise ones of Mumsnet help me out.

I have 2 boys and no clue where to start on girls stuff. DS1 is going to birthday party on Sunday for his ex-girlfriend (he advises me that she dumped him yesterday but he is still invited to party, bless ) and I need to get a pressie.

In the region of £5 or less, I'm skint. I know absolutely nothing about the girl or her tastes so I'm hitting my head on a wall over this.

TIA

vict17 Fri 08-Apr-05 18:19:58

Anything to do with Bratz dolls. Crafty things like making bracelets etc go down well at this age.

sorrel Fri 08-Apr-05 18:32:54

Jaqueline Wilson Books.Especially Tracey Beaker or Jaqueline Wilson diary(£5.99) in sainsburys

vict17 Fri 08-Apr-05 18:34:24

also the Fairy series of books by Rosie Meadows

SaintGeorge Fri 08-Apr-05 18:36:39

Oooh books - I can do books!

Thank you ladies.

Any more ideas anyone?

tamum Fri 08-Apr-05 18:41:31

Hama beads, hair clips and bobbles, sets of pens?

tiddlypom Fri 08-Apr-05 18:41:38

Dd just turned seven and was given lots of arts and crafts stuff which went down v well, esp Window Art from Woolworths, her fave present of all time, she says, altho a cuddly toy alsatian has become inseparable from her too.

sorrel Fri 08-Apr-05 18:43:31

stickers,felt tips,drawing book, mini stampers, anything out of Claire's accessories for hair, bell for bike,magic tricks, joke book,bubble bath,feather boa, glitter,anything cute with a kitten on it or if she is like mine a Beano annual, chocolate in nay form......

KBear Fri 08-Apr-05 18:43:34

got a Hobbycraft near you? they have got lots of funky foam picture making kits and a million fantastic presents (and lots of those around the fiver mark).

psychomum5 Fri 08-Apr-05 18:49:32

My girlies love 'pretties' the most as pressies..(ages 6 - 9 - 11). In other words, Clairs accessories for pretty hair clips. They often have a sale rack filled with bits at under £1....I go quite often to stock up ready for party's. Last time I went I got loads of pretty girly handbags at 3 for £5, and some hair clip sets at 3 for £1 ready for pressies. That was less than a month ago too.

RTMTMML Fri 08-Apr-05 18:51:55

Hama Beads.

Craft kits from local toyshop about £3.99 +

Books.

Hair accessories.

Arts and crafts, paper, pens, gel pens etc.

All of which have been mentioned I'm sure.

SaintGeorge Fri 08-Apr-05 18:53:03

I love Mumsnet

Actually wasted an hour of valuable kid-free time trying to think up pressie ideas before thinking of posting on here. Duh!

Smashing ideas all, thanks. Usually I just have to buy anything with a football on - all this pink girly stuff is alien to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now