Talk

Advanced search

My elderly Mother slipped on our ungritted road and has broken her elbow

(8 Posts)
CrushWithEyeliner Thu 05-Feb-09 14:35:01

everyone in our area is shocked at how little our local council have done to grit the roads and pavements. Now this has happened I am so angry, do you think I should write to my MP or is it just one of those shitty things?

rubyslippers Thu 05-Feb-09 14:38:07

oh your poor mum ...

i think that this was avoidable and i think in this case a letter to your MP wouldn't go amiss

I spoke to our council re gritting our road (which is like an ice rink) and we are "on the list" and 2 days later we are still waiting for them ...

CrushWithEyeliner Thu 05-Feb-09 14:39:07

yes I spoke to them too and got the same old rubbish. She is so weak with it it is awful. Yes it was avoidable.

rubyslippers Thu 05-Feb-09 14:40:33

wishing her better

i think you should write to your MP and the council

unfortunately i don't think your mum will be the only one suffering like this

Dropdeadfred Thu 05-Feb-09 14:42:00

my husband and two other men from our road spent sunday morning digging the road clear and gritting it (the council hadn't done it).

ilovetochat Thu 05-Feb-09 14:44:04

all councils are running out of grit and can only do primary routes, they can't do every road and certainly not every path as it is unrealistic.
i am very sorry for your mom getting hurt ad hope she feels better soon.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 05-Feb-09 14:45:43

I would certainly complain but ifi t's a side road then it won't be a priority for gritting.

Hope your Mum improves soon

xx

CrushWithEyeliner Thu 05-Feb-09 14:46:29

thanks all - she is beating herself up about being so silly as to fall over shock, and being ridiculously brave about the pain. Just a different generation hey....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now