Talk

Advanced search

What did you give your 5y/o dd for her birthday?

(11 Posts)
batey Fri 08-Apr-05 08:14:44

I'm in big need of inspiration for my 2nd dds 5th birthday present. The trouble is dd1 has alot of stuff that they happily share. And I'm at a loss. So I was hoping you guys could jolt my brain cells into action. She's quite a "pink" girlie girl but likes physical things too. We're getting both girls new bikes shortly, so that's out. We have a mountain of Barbie/Polly Pocket/my little pony/Betty Spagetti stuff. So I'm stumped, any ideas?

Off out for the day soon, so excuse me if I don't reply until later.

fireflyfairy2 Fri 08-Apr-05 08:18:37

A playhouse/dolls house. A tent to "camp" in the back garden during the day

A pink paddling pool...or one of those Mini's from the ELC that you fill up with balls...

Something special for one of her Barbies..like a car or the beetles you can buy??

My dd is just 3 so i've not had to buy for a 5yo yet..

batey Fri 08-Apr-05 18:02:28

Thanks for that. Anymore for anymore?

Anteater Fri 08-Apr-05 18:11:30

We got our ds one of those scooters with tiny wheels for his 5th last week, only £20 and a real hit!

kama Fri 08-Apr-05 18:31:46

Message withdrawn

psychomum5 Fri 08-Apr-05 18:43:22

I have problems at nearly every b/day for DD3 simply because of the fact that her two older sisters are just 4 n 2yrs older, so obviously lots of pressie ideas have been used!!!!!

For DD1 she had a bike and a scooter for her fifth.
DD2 had pop-up tents for all to share.
DD3 had a brtaz house for all to share.

The bratz house was VERY expensive, but the fact that it would be shared by three made it good value in my eyes.

Another idea could be a dance mat, a 'bella ballerina barre', puppet theatre (HUGE hit!!, and then other people could get her the puppets to go with it), a bigs dolls pram (even my 11yr old still plays with hers, altho she would hate for me to tell anyone), blackbourd n easel (also very popular with mine), playhouse for the garden, sandpit, skipping machine......

Hope this helps, got carried away there!!

KBear Fri 08-Apr-05 18:46:24

What about a tape recorder for her bedroom (ELC do them but also ASDA etc do great bargains for around £20). You could get a few story tapes from WH Smith to go with it (also a great present for all to share). My DD is 6 and listens to a story tape every night after our story time.

tamum Fri 08-Apr-05 18:57:39

Does she like Sylvanian Families, or have you already got loads? There are lots of different special sets like the caravan and little shops.

batey Fri 08-Apr-05 19:02:55

Ooh, some great ideas, cheers. We only have a small amount of Sylvanian stuff, so that might be an idea. Also she may like her "own" tape recorder? Although they may put both on at the same time! Keep 'em coming!

tigi Fri 08-Apr-05 19:48:01

Mine had a micro scooter too - adores it!

crunchie Fri 08-Apr-05 20:29:50

We got our 6 yr old a cd player, imho bettr than a tape player and will last longer through the trendy music stage. It was a lot £35 at ELC, and we need to get an adapter cable so plug it in permenantly. But it is great, pink, with a microphone. Mine are 6 and 4, so I know he feeling for dd2, they already have so much they share. This year dd2 got a bike, which is what dd1 got on HER 4th birthday. Next year who knows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now