Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

maggots in my winnie bottle holder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(20 Posts)
hazlinh Fri 08-Apr-05 02:22:45

some milk had leaked inside dd's mothercare winnie the pooh bottle holder so had washed it in the shower, altho not sure that i'm supposed to do that now. had left it in the bathroom to dry but forgot all about it for nearly a week and just discovered there's maggots crawling inside it!!!!EUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

can anyone tell me why that happened? the scientific explanation behind it? nothing else in the bathroom has maggots on it, and i've tried checking if the maggots came from an outside source but evidence suggests (LOL) that they came from inside the bottle holder.

am loathe to use it now, just feel like getting a new one, altho dh wd lecture me on spending unnecesarily and all that. have drowned the little b**gers and have properly dried it out with a hairdryer and everything. is it safe to use or am i gonna get maggots crawling out of it when i least expect it????????????HEEELLLP

Chandra Fri 08-Apr-05 02:45:41

HOw do you know no eggs were left? I would bin it.

PS> regarding the origin of the maggots... I always believe that the thory of spontaneous generation had an element of truth. So sad it has been our of use for more than a century

Chandra Fri 08-Apr-05 02:46:20

out of use

hoxtonchick Fri 08-Apr-05 04:57:08

maggots come from flies laying eggs, so it only needs to have been there for a short while. i'd definitely throw it away too.

eldestgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 06:31:31

Can't you just soak it in sterlising solution? It seems a shame to bin it if it still works.

starlover Fri 08-Apr-05 10:15:16

I have to say, skanky whore that I am, that I would use it

as hoxtonchick says... the maggots are from flies.. so you should be safe re more appearing!
I would give it a really good clean out again, with sterilising solution or something like that.

jampots Fri 08-Apr-05 10:19:11

bin it - how much do they cost?

cupcakes Fri 08-Apr-05 10:34:04

Yuck! I'm sorry but I would so bin it!

Aimsmum Fri 08-Apr-05 10:38:33

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Fri 08-Apr-05 10:39:09

Nah i would have to bin it too.

lockets Fri 08-Apr-05 10:42:08

Message withdrawn

colditzmum Fri 08-Apr-05 10:52:09

Oh my god I would have screamed the house down!!! Ewwww bin it!

Mud Fri 08-Apr-05 10:53:23

I read that as 'wine bottle holder' at first and was horrified

bin it, of course you should bin it and buy a new one

starlover Fri 08-Apr-05 11:17:37

but, the milk isn't going straight in it, is it? it's going to be in a bottle, in the bottle holder... so the bit that had maggots on won't be touching the milk... what's the problem?

I am just stingy i think!

Chandra Fri 08-Apr-05 11:40:57

It may not work this way but what about eggs transfering to the surface of the bottle, from there to your hands or DD's, and from there to her mouth? No thanks, I would bin it, if only for my peacer of mind.

expatinscotland Fri 08-Apr-05 11:47:17

YUK! I'd think of maggots every time I used that thing. Bin it.

eldestgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 12:55:08

Why let something which is still usable, end up in a landfill site?

jampots Fri 08-Apr-05 12:58:16

why not advertise it on here for sale or swap and see how many takers you get

LGJ Fri 08-Apr-05 13:05:35

I read it as wine as well , we have one track minds on here and it has only just gone lunch time.

dropinthe Fri 08-Apr-05 13:06:11

Try ebay!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now