Talk

Advanced search

Chances of a refund/exchange for this?

(13 Posts)
Smurfgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 00:25:13

I bought a new skirt last week from Republic, I liked it a lot so I took off the tags and I have no idea where the recite (sp) is.

I just tried it on and the zip broke, my housemate looked at it and said it broke because the zip came away from the skirt itself so the cotton got caught up in the teeth and bent them, breaking the zip.

What are my chances of an exchange/refund? I have no proof of purchase or tags on it, but it is faulty. I REALLY want to wear this skirt to a party on Friday night and I can go into town tomorrow morning, but would it be a wasted journey do you think?

Its a Hooch skirt so I can buy it elsewhere if Republic does not have my size for an exchange. I just want that skirt.

Caligula Fri 08-Apr-05 00:30:35

Excellent if you are either a) obnoxious or b) weepy and potentially mad.

Just make them want you out of the shop asap. They'll give you a new skirt.

Smurfgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 00:33:17

Oh I can cry, in fact I did cry when skirt broke and housemate who can fix everything said it was broken. Am geek.

Oh and other problem is that because it isn't a Republic item will they believe me? I saw the same skirt in two different shops in Hull today.

SaintGeorge Fri 08-Apr-05 00:35:12

Must be the gay housemate, can't see J as the clothes fixing type

If Republic say no try the other shops and claim you bought it there. One of them might give in to get rid of you.

Smurfgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 00:39:08

It was J thankyouverymuch

SaintGeorge Fri 08-Apr-05 00:42:13

It was a joke, but never mind. Back in my box. Guess hibernating was a better idea

Smurfgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 00:48:05

Ooooh no. Have much love for you x x x

(according to J should get exchange if take bank statement so back into town I go!)

SaintGeorge Fri 08-Apr-05 00:54:32

Oh if you have proof cos you paid on card then yes to refund. You don't have to have receipt, just proof of purchase and bank statement does that.

Will be back up and running properly by next week I hope. Ignore my sulks, part and parcel of being depressed. Thought you might realise it was me cos of reference to 'J'.

Night night, must sleep. xx

jampots Fri 08-Apr-05 00:56:43

hey smurf - what has happened between you and J? any more?

Smurfgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 01:00:44

Nothing its all very boring and complicated and I am SO frustrated.

I wish I knew how he felt! My best friend thinks he likes me and she knows him quite well. Its hard because our other housemate who we are close to is back now so I don't know if J is worried about revealing anything. Hmmmmmmm.

jampots Fri 08-Apr-05 01:04:01

oh sorry to hear that - just wanted to make sure i hadnt missed the big announcement. give it time he's probably as confused as you

Smurfgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 01:10:51

did you see that we snogged jampots?

then nothing

jampots Fri 08-Apr-05 09:49:04

yes i saw that you snogged but didnt know where to look for the rest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now