Talk

Advanced search

Trying to explain Mumsnet to a non-Mumsnetter......!!

(3 Posts)
collision Thu 07-Apr-05 21:59:23

I was trying to explain Mumsnet to my Mum who has no idea how a computer works so I know she will never read this. She just didnt 'get' it and I do understand why.

I was explaining to her that I needed her to post some of my ds's babyclothes to another Mumsnetter who lived quite a long way from her. I explained to her that this Mumsnetter was a bit short of cash and so I was going to pass on my things to her. No big deal. 'HUH!'she said, 'she is probably going to go and carboot the lot of it and make a fortune!!' How cynical can you get?? (BTW, it really wouldnt bother me if she did carboot the lot, but I know she didnt ask for clothes for this reason, so please dont be offended if you read this!!

I tried to explain the whole Mumsnet 'thing' but there was no getting it through to her. She thought it was odd that another Mumsnetter had sent some clothes to me for ds2 and that we had met up with a MNer when I was in York.

ATEOTD she thinks Mumsnet is another internet chat room and I know it isnt!!

Anyone else with any thoughts on this??

Hausfrau Thu 07-Apr-05 22:00:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

collision Thu 07-Apr-05 22:04:59

I agree but I needed her to post some things and she wanted to know who it was for!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: