Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how do i clean the cooker hood and

(13 Posts)
sorrel Thu 07-Apr-05 18:45:15

the mesh panels underneath it? DM said something about using lighter fuel as a cleaning product, but not sure.Any ideas gratefully received. Ta!

BROWNY Thu 07-Apr-05 18:47:42

The title of this thread made me giggle as this is the job that I've got to tackle soon . I was only going to use hot, soapy water but I'm going to keep watching this thread

purpleturtle Thu 07-Apr-05 18:49:11

What's wrong with good old Jif?

iota Thu 07-Apr-05 18:50:39

the mesh panels in mine can go in the dishwasher - don't put anything else in with them though if they're very greasy

BROWNY Thu 07-Apr-05 18:56:39

You lucky thing , the only thing that help me wash my dirty dishes is my sexy orange (sensitive) rubber gloves! My kitchen is too small for a dishwasher sad].

BethAndHerBrood Thu 07-Apr-05 19:20:16

OMG!!! Are you supposed to clean that??!!

sorrel Thu 07-Apr-05 19:38:46

Oh dear the whole thing is so greasy and yuk!the mesh bits seem to have a foam bit sandwiched in the middle, so not sure about water?. and it looked so pretty and shiny when i bought it.
pupleturtle- nothing wrong with jif or cif whatever it's called these days!just hopelessly wishing for something magic that doesn't require the old elbow grease!!!

juniperdewdrop Thu 07-Apr-05 19:40:06

Isn't there a new fairy spray advertised by Ainsley harriot? Don't know if it works or not?

sorrel Thu 07-Apr-05 19:54:46

browny- ditto. have no dishwasher and have to resort to my stylish purple marigolds (sensitve, no fleece lining)in stead of the appliance of science
juniper- do you think Ainsley knows what he talking about?

juniperdewdrop Thu 07-Apr-05 20:17:49

I lol, can just see him cleaning his own oven

sorrel Thu 07-Apr-05 20:25:06

God yes! he is such a big fairy himself. LOL

assumpta Thu 07-Apr-05 21:12:39

Funny, I just tackled mine today. I didn't think about putting it in the dishwasher, silly me, so it was just elbow grease and fairy liquid. It's not too bad when you do it fairly often though.

cod Thu 07-Apr-05 21:12:56

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now