Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I really really want to rip my SIL head off

(21 Posts)
Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 11:25:33

I need to calm down

she just drives me mad. I tell her one thing and she just doesnt listen. She is so wrapped up in her own little simple life, she doesnt think for one second i have any other troubles, oh she is such an insignificant little existence of a person

I really want to slap her

aararrrrggghhh

sweetmonkey Thu 07-Apr-05 11:26:33

so slap her might get her attention at least

fairydust Thu 07-Apr-05 11:27:33

tell ya what fio - i'll slap yours if you slap mine - mine is so bad she offered to pay dh not to marry me

lou33 Thu 07-Apr-05 11:28:38

am so glad i dont have to do in laws, or at least v rarely

sweetmonkey Thu 07-Apr-05 11:29:12

fd really? shall i just slap them both for you

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 11:30:06

I have moved so far away from her and she still rings me up to tell me shit

how her life is so bad because her bread crock lid has broke

fairydust Thu 07-Apr-05 11:31:07

well get a member of the mumsnet SWAT team to sort her

sweetmonkey Thu 07-Apr-05 11:31:10

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 11:32:01

sorry fd, but that is about the level of my SIL mentality too. Honest she was chucking her sofa on the skip and I have arranged to have it collected and brought down here and told her time limit and she left me a message moaning about when are they going to be here, as she will ahve to put the sofa in the other room, all angry, whilst I had a bloody Social worker sitting in my house. I felt like i was going to explode

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 11:33:05

god she is so shallow and selfish and everything is a major catastrophe, i will get MIL ringing me shortly, you watch

Chandra Thu 07-Apr-05 11:35:57

Try to find a pattern of her calls, once you have found what time she is more likely to ring, don't pick up the phone (you can always ring 1471 afterwards to see if it was another person). Or do exactly as she does, ring her for every insisgnificant things, moan about it at lenght and don't let her interrupt you AND don't let her hang up. She won't be so tempted to ring you in the future unless it's rally necessary . I have tried it with a co-worker and it work like a charm

Chandra Thu 07-Apr-05 11:37:52

Ignore the phone and pay attention to the social worker. The sofa is not going to die if it waits for a bit of time, is it?

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 11:39:30

no exactly Chandra, but this is about the level of her intelligence

I will try your trick

Caligula Thu 07-Apr-05 11:43:01

And everytime she phones you to tell her about her bread crock happenings, say "Oh you poor thing, and guess what happened to me" and launch into a long and convoluted tale of supreme insignificance.

She'll soon stop ringing.

Chandra Thu 07-Apr-05 11:43:12

ahmmm... That may be a lost cause then.

expatinscotland Thu 07-Apr-05 11:50:40

i'll swap you for my drug-addicted saddo of an SIL whose 6 and 5 year old use 'f'ing c*' as a greeting. we avoid her and hers like the plague.

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 12:09:08

omg

expatinscotland Thu 07-Apr-05 12:26:08

she's a real piece of work, fio. never had legitimate work in her life; i don't count her partner's drug dealing whilst claiming incapacity benefit as a job.

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 17:49:31

ok i calmed down and phoned the courier, who is going tommorrow. i then rang her said they are coming tommorrow and she said its sooooo stressfull as I have a pair of shoes coming from NEXT aswell

I am sorry, but evened as mad as I was I nearly wet myself laughing!

misdee Thu 07-Apr-05 17:52:04

i have to agree with your SIL getting new shoes from Next is so stressfulm espeically if she has wide fat feet like me

g;ad you can laugh at her now, and enjoy the sofa!!

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 17:53:36

oh thanks misdee for letting me rant earlier

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now