Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How quickly do your kids grow out of their shoes?

(8 Posts)
Wallace Wed 06-Apr-05 20:22:49

Ds and dd (coming up 6 and 4) still fit into the shoes I bought them for going to school and nursery in August! Dd is only size 5.5, and my friend's 13 month old is catching up with her shoe size!

I am glad that they don't need new shoes because it is cheaper, but their shoes are very scuffed and battered, and I like buying new shoes

spykid Wed 06-Apr-05 20:24:53

Wallace I would thank your lucky stars they still fit. just keep rubbing hard with shoe polish!
Took my 2 for new shoes and trainers today and spent 90 quid
Wish they still fit theirs from August!

Hulababy Wed 06-Apr-05 20:25:12

DD also doesn't go through shoes quickly. I get her feet measured every couple of months or so but they seem to stay the same for ages. hen she does need new shoes she generally goes up a full size at least. She is just turned 3 and now in a size 7.5/8 (Clarks). I tend to buy shoes for the new seasons, rather than because her feet have grown.

My brother started school in a size 4!!!

Wallace Wed 06-Apr-05 20:33:20

That reminds me...must add shoe polish to my shopping list. The old one has dried up - shows how often I use it

Maybe they will need shoes when it is nearer to summer and I can buy them nice summery styles

Hulababy - child or adult size 4?

Hulababy Wed 06-Apr-05 20:34:24

Child - very small for a 4.5 year old really. I still haven't reached an adult size 4!!! DD is not taking after my side of the family in terms of height and foot size.

coppertop Wed 06-Apr-05 20:36:40

Ds1 (4.9yrs) is still wearing the same school shoes I bought him last September. He's a size 10.5 but fairly tall for his age.

spykid Wed 06-Apr-05 20:38:51

Forgot to say Ds1 is 6 and measured 13 1/2, Ds2 1s 4 and measured 11.. Big Feet, don't take after me, i'm omly a 4 !!!

Wallace Wed 06-Apr-05 20:40:12

That is tiny! I was a size 7 when I was 5, which is very small. My feet now are 2.5 or 3!

Small feet run in (ha ha) my side of the family. Ds is quite tall and big, but only size 10.5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now