Talk

Advanced search

Advice on moving

(5 Posts)
CherryEm1 Wed 06-Apr-05 19:41:34

I am looking for some general advice. moving on friday with DP and 9month old DD. She's been not very well lately, recovering from a fluey bout and was wondering 1. how to keep her occupied through the move and 2. how to help her feel safe and at home in her new please. Thanx x

SoupDragon Wed 06-Apr-05 19:56:58

Your DD probably won't notice that she's somewhere different once she's got her own cot and things around her. DS2 didn't at 10 months old (well, it didn't bother bim anyway).

If you can find someone to help look after her on the day, then ask them! Otherwise, have the removal men pack for you so you have less to do and have a bag of essential items for your DD somewhere safe & convenient.

Newbarnsleygirl Wed 06-Apr-05 20:01:01

I would try and see if someone could look after her while you move.

We moved last summer and my MIL had our dd for the day and night. We didn't pick her up until the following evening and even then it wasn't really safe as she had started to pull herself up on things and there were boxes everywhere.

Whizzz Wed 06-Apr-05 20:01:21

Ditto SoupD. DS was 2 when we moved. He was in nursery for the day - left from one house & came back to another! Never batted an eyelid. We made sure that his room was set up as close as possible to his old one - with all his toys around. Also made a big thing of 'exploring' round the new house together so he could see where everything was & re assuring him that we were all still going to be together in the new house. Best Wishes for the move !

janeybops Wed 06-Apr-05 20:34:05

when we moved dd went to childminder for the day. She did notice the different house but settled in striaght away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now