Talk

Advanced search

This healthy eating lark is harder than i expected

(21 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Wed 06-Apr-05 18:20:45

I have taken to it like the proverbial duck to water, the dd1 and dd2 are being a nightmare, they love their fresh veg and fruit so that is not a problem, but, so far i have made the nuggets, which, one prefers with cheese and the other prefers without and i have made chicken and apple balls, one wouldn't even try them and the other had a mouthful and i made some pasta tonight with a lovely sauce and i thought it tasted divine but neither of them would eat it. DH is getting despondent already and is ready to go back on the processed foods.

desperatehousewife Wed 06-Apr-05 18:23:42

oooh where are nugget and chik and apple ball receipes from?

iota Wed 06-Apr-05 18:23:59

why don't you do a mix of something new one day and familiar stuff the next?
My ds1 is very fussy and we have to introduce new foods gradually or he rebels completely

cp3 Wed 06-Apr-05 18:25:58

ive been doing it for a week, so far have done -
lentil and sweet potatoe patties
turkey casserole
turkey and apple burgers
honey coated drumsticks

ive decided just to go through the whole book

iota Wed 06-Apr-05 18:26:30

dh - thread here

Fio2 Wed 06-Apr-05 18:27:57

yes tell me about it!

BubblesDeVere Wed 06-Apr-05 18:28:14

Here you go, here's the first one

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

750g minced chicken
175g breadcrumbs
175g grated cheddar
1 tbsp mayo to bind
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper
beaten egg and some fine toast breadcrumbs to coat the nuggets

Preheat oven to 180C. Mix all ingredients up to and including salt and pepper together. Form into walnut sized nuggets and roll them in beaten egg and then in toasted breadcrumbs. You can freeze them now if you want to.

Place on greased baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes (45 if frozen). Voila!

I'll find the next one out and send it to you the next time i speak to you, hope you are ok.

RTMTMML Wed 06-Apr-05 18:29:18

It takes time honey. Tell your hubby to hold tight. It's a bit like controlled crying etc.

wordgirl Wed 06-Apr-05 18:31:56

cp3, which book are those recipes from? And, more to the point, were they good?

BubblesDeVere Wed 06-Apr-05 18:34:07

Thanks RTMTMML, i thought i was doing really well, they had cereal and toast for brekkie as they usually do, and then a healthy packed lunch and i make the tea from scratch and i ended up throwing it all. just gets me so angry to see so much waste.

RTMTMML Wed 06-Apr-05 18:39:40

Whenever I give the children new things I just keep going as though they hadn't made a fuss. Remember in Jamie's dinners the kids threw everything away for ages and then eventually ate it because it kept being offered and there were no alternatives.

cp3 Wed 06-Apr-05 18:42:16

Well they ate them. I did have to send Ds to bed a few times but thats an ongoing problem with her. Im still in shock that they ate the Lentil patties.

The book is from sainsburys and is only 4.99. Called babies & Toddlers Good Food. Its really good has everything from weaning to pack lunch boxs

BubblesDeVere Wed 06-Apr-05 18:56:54

Damn, i don't live near a sainsbury's bugger

cp3 Wed 06-Apr-05 18:59:19

Well i could get you one or i could scan and e mail you some reciepes if you like

BubblesDeVere Wed 06-Apr-05 19:26:44

If you could get me one that would be fab, if you cat me your addy i'll send you a cheque for the book and postage. How much do you think postage will be?

cp3 Wed 06-Apr-05 19:27:46

ill take mine up and get it wieghed and then cat you

ThomCat Wed 06-Apr-05 19:55:22

I made those nuggets today, have enough to last about 6 months! LOL. I couldn't get chicken so used turkey mince. I thought after I could have just bought chicken breasts and minced it up in a blender, couldn't I?

Anyway, they went down very well. I tested one and thought it was very nice and Lottie loved them.

BubblesDeVere Thu 07-Apr-05 08:26:09

thank you very much cp3

cp3 Thu 07-Apr-05 11:55:23

ok bubbles its 1.59 to post. My email is charliemorgan3@hotmail.com so you can e mail me direct. let me know if you still want me to get for you.

Eaney Thu 07-Apr-05 12:47:34

Anyone know how to make chicken nuggets without eggs?

Eaney Thu 07-Apr-05 12:47:44

Anyone know how to make chicken nuggets without eggs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now