Talk

Advanced search

I need some get up and go.

(15 Posts)
marthamoo Wed 06-Apr-05 11:25:42

We are off to Wales tomorrow (dh's sister is getting married on Saturday). I have loads to do - need to get the bulk of it done before lunch as dh will be home then after working for 27 hours and will want to go to bed. So why can't I get my @rse in gear? None of us are dressed, and I can't shift myself off MN. And I feel sick...

Enid Wed 06-Apr-05 11:26:49

sit and write a list in notepad of the things you have to do then tick them off one by one -reward yourself with 10 mins of mumsnet after you have done each one.

so what have you got to do?

hunkermunker Wed 06-Apr-05 11:27:25

You feel sick because you have so much to do - I know because I am Queen Procrastinator and also have this

hunkermunker Wed 06-Apr-05 11:27:53

Yes, go and do things, then come back to this thread to report on it

marthamoo Wed 06-Apr-05 11:29:36

Oh I've done a list! No ticks though.

Get clothes together, sort out stuff for journey, charge up batteries for cameras, dreary stuff really. Oh and I need to go to the doctor's and pick up my prescription.

iota Wed 06-Apr-05 11:31:05

put the batteries on charge - takes no time and you can tick something off the list

marthamoo Wed 06-Apr-05 11:31:44

No I think the feeling sick is a viral something or other. Had a night of D&V last week which I thought was food poisoning (had been out for a meal) but I have been feeling intermittently sick and gurgly ever since. Spotty and washed out too - will look fab at this wedding.

I'm a moaning minnie aren't I ?

Enid Wed 06-Apr-05 11:33:06

go and pick up prescription now, then dont turn pc on when youcome back

marthamoo Wed 06-Apr-05 11:35:39

No.1 most helpful thing I could do would be to switch off the PC, wouldn't it?

OK..I'm going. Thanks girls!

marthamoo Wed 06-Apr-05 11:35:41

No.1 most helpful thing I could do would be to switch off the PC, wouldn't it?

OK..I'm going. Thanks girls!

marthamoo Wed 06-Apr-05 11:36:00

Ooops. Gone.

marthamoo Wed 06-Apr-05 18:35:03

OK. We're sort of ready. Ironing done, clothes packed, suit bags loaded with mine and dh's suits, prescription picked up, have found the cool bag and the travel potty, charged the camera batteries , found film (for my camera - I know, I'm a Luddite), found flash cards for the digital camera, polished kids shoes for the wedding, bought some confetti, found the Imodium (yes I know it's only Wales...), fed the kids fish fingers and Heinz spaghetti (so shoot me!) and am now counting the minutes 'til bed time. They are over excited and being exceedingly annoying. Dh has been asleep since 1pm. I may have a glass of wine when the boys are in bed...I think I deserve it!

SPARKLER1 Wed 06-Apr-05 18:39:40

You definately deserve it - go on have two or three!!!

marthamoo Wed 06-Apr-05 18:42:06

I think I'll just have the one - it takes us about seven hours to get there (with umpteen toilet breaks and a long lunch), kids whingeing in the back of the car, saying every two minutes "are we there yet?"...all that with a hangover? I think not!

hunkermunker Wed 06-Apr-05 18:44:06

Yay, MM! Have a lovely time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now