Talk

Advanced search

Confession time

(7 Posts)
happymerryberries Wed 06-Apr-05 09:25:43

I have to throw myself at the mercy of MN and confess something.......

I have no taste. I'm not tasteless so much, I don't have anything in my house that is totaly horrible (at least I don't think so) but my house never looks tasteful. never just plain 'nice', co-ordinated , whatever.

I don't either for that matter. I'm happy in jeans and a tee shirt most days whenI am not in work.

Now I don't care about me so much, but the house always looking messy and somehow 'unfinished' is getting on my nerves.

I'm sure that MNers are full of great ideas and your houses look fab. so the question isthis. hen do I go to get some 'taste'?

Nemo1977 Wed 06-Apr-05 09:32:23

lol HMB
As a sahm i am always in either jog bottoms n t shirt or jeans n t shirt....my house is always unfinished despite us always seeming to be working on something. My dining room is joined to my lounge but may as well be a toy room despite the fact that when we moved in i want and spent 1000 or so on a table n chairs then other nice cabinets...they now look like cheap tat...and are barely seen through the forest of toys...just to let u know ur not alone

flashingnose Wed 06-Apr-05 09:34:59

Would your ideal room be painted a strong colour or neutral?

I've discovered over the years that unless you've got good taste, less is definitely more

pragmatist Wed 06-Apr-05 09:38:39

Buy some Ideal Home magazines etc and basically just 'copy'

Nemo1977 Wed 06-Apr-05 09:38:39

what is classed as good taste though?
My house is quite neutral with expensive furniture etc but leave ds and dh in there for 10mins and it can be anyones house and the stuff could be from god knows where

BadgerBadger Wed 06-Apr-05 14:33:50

LOL HMB, I can't acheive that look with my house either!

TBH, I've now given up and settled into the 'bohemian' (read comfortable mish mash!) that comes naturally to me!

I quite like it now, and friends and their children always seem comfortable and happy here. I'd prefer my home to be known for that, rather than it's pristine decor (thankfully! [wink).

Pruni Wed 06-Apr-05 14:39:42

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now