Talk

Advanced search

family tree sites

(10 Posts)
megandsoph Tue 05-Apr-05 13:52:46

can any one suggest a good geneology site that doesn't charge.... would like to find out bout my ansestors. any one???????

Plaese and fankoo

wild Tue 05-Apr-05 13:57:23

genesreunited are not expensive I think, like friends reuinted only for genealogy, dp's sister is addicted

laneydaye Tue 05-Apr-05 13:58:21

im on friends reunited too.... costs £7.50 per year.... bet its the same for genes reunited

megandsoph Tue 05-Apr-05 14:00:48

am on genesreunited too but I ain't sure what to do on it [confused] and don't have a debit/credit card either

thanks for ur help both of you though

laneydaye Tue 05-Apr-05 14:02:13

type the name you want to find.... or just start building your tree..... theres a help section that should talk you through it i think....

megandsoph Tue 05-Apr-05 14:13:46

thanks hun.... just had a wee look at the message board and my dads on there lol

wild Tue 05-Apr-05 14:14:54

oh, well that's a start

GeorginaA Tue 05-Apr-05 18:52:27

megandsoph - the genesreunited one relies on other people putting information up that may or may not be accurate. Somewhere like ancestry.com, although they charge, are useful as they have huge databases of all the censuses (alternatively can get those online elsewhere but will be charged per view which can be pricey) birth, marriage, deaths lists (you will still need to buy the certificates to get the full info off them though) etc.

Geneology is not a cheap hobby unfortunately - good fun though

Whizzz Tue 05-Apr-05 19:21:23

Heres a few
1901 census
mostly USA but some UK stuff
more census stuff
family records
birth, marriage & deaths
Mormon site -very good

Can you tell I've done quite a bit on my Family tree !

megandsoph Wed 06-Apr-05 09:30:14

wow cheers whizzz theres blummin loads there whoo hoo gonna look at them now yey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now