Talk

Advanced search

Emigrating to NZ, present ideas please.

(13 Posts)
unicorn Tue 05-Apr-05 13:48:22

as above really, pals leaving soon... would like to get them a little something, any thoughts?

MrsBigD Tue 05-Apr-05 13:58:10

well it really depends... probably should keep it small as they've got to take it with them

Do you know where they're moving to? Maybe something relating to that? Or maybe local shopping vouchers to help them set up their new home?

unicorn Tue 05-Apr-05 14:19:02

Hi!
don't think money is an issue with them (they are keeping a place here) was thinking more of a keepsake of sorts.
(hope you're feeling better Mrs!!)

SoupDragon Tue 05-Apr-05 14:22:06

Ordnance Survey will produce you a map centered on your house (by postcode). Maybe one of those centred on their house? Will find link.

SoupDragon Tue 05-Apr-05 14:23:23

\link{http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/mapshop/Here.}

SoupDragon Tue 05-Apr-05 14:23:40

Or here

unicorn Tue 05-Apr-05 14:47:14

That's a very good idea soupy, but I want something I can pick up and give them before they leave next week.

SoupDragon Tue 05-Apr-05 14:50:00

Did it say how long the orders take?

I'm curious myself as I've been planning to order one for ourselves.

Davros Tue 05-Apr-05 14:53:26

I like Halcyon Days boxes. www.halycon-days.co.uk
They are English, so meaningful to be from someone here to someone going elsewhere, considered posh and good taste (just like me!) and lots of nice designs, messages and variety of prices.

Chuffed Tue 05-Apr-05 15:57:15

What about a cool black and white framed photo of something 'typical' to where they have been living that they can put up in their new place to remind them of UK.

slug Tue 05-Apr-05 16:07:47

A food box of all those things you can't get in NZ. Whenever I go home I bring my BIL HP Sauce, Birds Angel Delight and jelly cut marmelade. Why not ask ghosty what she particularly misses?

piffle Tue 05-Apr-05 16:14:59

Having done it the other way round, it's the sweets, biscuits and beer I miss
English breakfast cereals like Shredded Wheat and Shredies are hard to get (well they were when I was there) and are expensive if you can get them, my mum used to bring back a suitcase full every time she went home

piffle Tue 05-Apr-05 16:14:59

Having done it the other way round, it's the sweets, biscuits and beer I miss
English breakfast cereals like Shredded Wheat and Shredies are hard to get (well they were when I was there) and are expensive if you can get them, my mum used to bring back a suitcase full every time she went home

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: