Talk

Advanced search

Using baby wipes to clean...almost anything!!

(26 Posts)
dropinthe Tue 05-Apr-05 12:50:34

They work a treat on white wooden bannisters/stair rails and also on wooden floors!! Ha! Just realised I sound like one of those silly "Handy hints" in Chat,Take a break etc etc-sorry! Thought I'd just share the wisdom of the wipe!

starlover Tue 05-Apr-05 12:51:22

i used one to wash my face the other morning

Blossomhill Tue 05-Apr-05 12:51:41

Brilliant on leather sofas

dropinthe Tue 05-Apr-05 12:51:59

Not thought of that one!

dropinthe Tue 05-Apr-05 12:52:27

B/hill-cleaned mine this morning with them!!

dyzzidi Tue 05-Apr-05 12:52:40

My sister polishes he shoes with hers

northstar Tue 05-Apr-05 12:54:08

I could not survive without baby wipes. I use them to clean my leather couch, and to wipe around the fireplace and coal bucket, and ds's high chair........and just about EVERYWHERE.
Yesterday a disposable nappy sneaked into the washing machine and disintegrated over all the laundry and the machine - and i just had to reach for the baby wipes. I found the huggies ones really cheap last week and bought ten packs, all that would fit under the buggy, and felt like i had found treasure

Fimbo Tue 05-Apr-05 12:54:44

Can't live without them . Great for taking make-up off, cleaning the computer, wiping mud off shoes, very handy if someone drops by unexpectedly to clean quickly round the loo with, oh I could go on and on here

northstar Tue 05-Apr-05 12:56:00

oh, and to clean the cooker too!!!

dropinthe Tue 05-Apr-05 12:56:39

Oh no,only my E cloth from Lakeland has that right!!

starlover Tue 05-Apr-05 13:00:31

I even sometimes use mine for wiping ds's bum!!!

northstar Tue 05-Apr-05 13:03:35

Mmmm, seems like a waste to me
When ds was little we used to measure the velocity of his poo by the amount of wipes it took to clean him (think i won with a 9-wiper one day)

northstar Tue 05-Apr-05 13:04:46

His not mine lol

Katemum Tue 05-Apr-05 13:32:37

The only time the inside of my car gets cleaned is when I am sitting in it with a packet of wipes handy.

dinosaur Tue 05-Apr-05 15:57:45

They are very good for removing dried-on snot from little boys' faces - much more effective than damp flannel!

emeraldefmach Tue 05-Apr-05 18:15:50

Always have them in the house! Use them for spillages on the kitchen floor, work surfaces, oven top, brilliant for cleaning woodwork, especially white doors and fingermarks, also use them to clean the dashboard of the car too!!

Leogaela Tue 05-Apr-05 20:22:08

The thing I have found with baby wipes is that they may be good for a lot of things, but when ds poos, they are just too small to even start thinking about cleaning him with them. seems they are good for everything except what they are supposed to do!

Whizzz Tue 05-Apr-05 20:24:49

I think they have more cleaning power than Cillit Bang !

Agree - great on leather sofas, paintwork, shoes, handbags & car interiors!

jamiesam Tue 05-Apr-05 20:25:54

Very disappointed to find that wipes leave a smeary finish on the toilet cistern! Appears they're not perfect afterall.

northstar - read this at lunchtime at work. Been laughing about your nine-wipe poo all afternoon!

KBear Tue 05-Apr-05 20:25:56

Keeping trainers white.

I agree about the paintwork. Cleaned all the finger prints off the bannisters with one swoosh of a wipe on the way downstairs!

Wallace Tue 05-Apr-05 20:27:07

I miss baby wipes. Recently I finished the last packet we had in the house (dd has been completely out of nappies since last summer). It took a while to break the habit of buying them. And now I don't have any, I realise how much I used them!

KBear Tue 05-Apr-05 20:30:07

My DS is out of nappies too but I still buy a couple of packs a month - one by the back door for emergency face washes on the way out to the car and one upstairs to enable me to swoosh downstairs cleaning as I go, as previously mentioned!

KBear Tue 05-Apr-05 20:31:19

TOP TIP - Wilkinsons sell Johnsons Baby Wipes very cheap - £1.28 a pack and very often have buy one get one half price. Boots sell them for £2.99 - shock horror

albosmum Tue 05-Apr-05 20:47:16

even better tip wilkonsons sell own baby wipes for 1.34 and you can usually get them buy on a bogof and We wipe everything

babyburps Tue 05-Apr-05 21:20:42

oh i use them for everything! ...make the kitchen floor a bit slippery tho! just grab one out the pack, dp told me off the other day for wasting money, suppose i could leave the pampers wipes for ds and buy a cheapo brand, at the moment mine have got some kind of green (aloe) strip which is making everything a clean slightly slimey! ds (10mths) will never let me wipe his face tho, not with a flannel or anything, when he's finished eating and i run the tap he starts crying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now