Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fed up with my sister

(14 Posts)
jampots Mon 04-Apr-05 16:32:01

My sister turned up today out of the blue and asked dd if she would like to go into town shopping for an hour and they could change 2 skirts my sis had bought for dd for her birthday a month ago. I agreed for an hour as we had things planned. That was 11 this morning.

45 minutes ago I rang my sister to ask where dd was - they were just in Starbucks having a drink and she would drop her back in 10 mins! It also turns out that her friend had asked her to babysit her dds (10 and 12) so my sis thought it would be easier to have my dd to entertain them too - hence out for the day shopping.

Still not back and I am fuming!

RTMTMML Mon 04-Apr-05 16:33:56

[fuming on jampots behalf emoticon]

jampots Mon 04-Apr-05 16:36:53

THANK YOU

mummytosteven Mon 04-Apr-05 16:38:15

fume fume fume

sizzling flames rising

fume fume fume

jangly Mon 04-Apr-05 16:39:05

Lets hope she's bought her something nice after that!

jampots Mon 04-Apr-05 16:42:18

she's just dropped her off and did buy her a top from Mango but also bought her friends 2 daughters the same tops too - nothing for ds!

And no, she didnt have the skirts with her to change so that was just a crap excuse to ensure dd went with her.

I know it sounds like I am being a cow but she never babysits for my kids and only last week when it was our wedding anniversary she was at such a loose end she went to her friends about 10 mins away to just hang out there!!!

PrettyCandles Mon 04-Apr-05 16:57:25

May I share rants?

My db has recently moved back in with my parents, does a lot of voluntary work, is looking for paid work, and is catching up on his social life after a rather nasty divorce. I, on the other hand, am a FTM of two. He adores my two, and they adore him, but never has time to babysit. I'm the one who ferries my parents here and there because he never knows from one moemnt to the next whether he'll be called for an interview or etc etc etc. I on the other hand feed and nap my children to a schedule, so am always available. FUME.

Shall we swap siblings for a change - might be refreshing!

Fio2 Mon 04-Apr-05 17:01:01

jampots, be grateful she is loving enough to want to spend time with your dd xx

PrettyCandles Mon 04-Apr-05 17:05:31

I may be jumping on Jampots toes here, but I don't really see it that way at all! It can be very frustrating when your siblings see your children as optional and entertaining accessories. Yes, it's very nice when they want tot ake them out for a while, but what about when you need help and they're 'just too busy'? Or when they take the children out but totally ignore things that are important to you, their parent? Like giving them an ice-cream on the way home and spoiling their appetite for supper, or ditto sugary foods and then you have to deal with the fallout.

I think that's selfish love.

jampots Mon 04-Apr-05 17:10:12

I know I sound ungrateful Fio but I really dont see it that she wanted to spend time with my dd as she hasnt worked in 3 months and very rarely visits us, nor is available if I suggest we visit her. It was purely to make sure her friend's kids had a good time (ie. they are all around the same age). She has never taken both of mine out on her own nor as I said further down, does she babysit. Dh and I had never been out on our wedding anniversary together (without the kids) and maybe this has come just a bit soon after that.

Prettycandles - yes good idea!

Fio2 Mon 04-Apr-05 17:11:57

sorry, i take it for granted we all have great sisters or did have. just ignore me

vict17 Mon 04-Apr-05 17:12:56

I agree with Fio - at least you got some help for a day in the holidays!! And whatever the reason i expect your dd had a lovely time, and Satrbucks isn't cheap!!!!

Shazzler Mon 04-Apr-05 19:45:03

Well I wish my sis was around. She moved to Atlanta, USA about a month ago and I am really missing her. She used to come over at the drop of a hat when I was feeling down.

She did send pressies over for the kids the other day - nothing for me though .

Just thought I would let you know of a nice sister.

francophile Tue 05-Apr-05 11:49:34

I see your point Jampots. I would be miffed too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now