Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Got a viewer tonight, how do I.....

(14 Posts)
Gobbledigook Mon 04-Apr-05 14:44:14

...explain why we have ripped out the kitchen to put in a new one?! Isn't it going to smack of desperation??! Or is there just no way of hiding that?

It is fair to just say a few people commented that it needed doing and it seemed to putting buyers off?

Gwenick Mon 04-Apr-05 14:45:46

Just say it's something you'd planned to do for a long time - but that it's taken some time to find someone to do it/the money to do it???

Caligula Mon 04-Apr-05 14:45:55

Just tell 'em you got it before you decided to move, and it was too late to cancel it!

Gobbledigook Mon 04-Apr-05 15:02:16

I've not explained this properly - we've already moved out (in Jan) so the house is empty so it's a bit obvious we aren't putting it in for own benefit and really just to sell it. Usually the agents show them round but tonight it's me and I'm not sure how to explain it other than being honest - but are we going to look desperate!? Mind you, that might go without saying considering how slow the market is..

beansprout Mon 04-Apr-05 15:10:25

I wouldn't mind, I would just appreciate that I was getting a new kitchen!! I would then ask what it would look like!

Fimbo Mon 04-Apr-05 15:14:01

Agree with Beansprout, imo it would be an added bonus.

Beetroot Mon 04-Apr-05 15:20:53

Message withdrawn

beansprout Mon 04-Apr-05 15:26:05

I think people are pretty comfortable with the idea that people paint/decorate/install new things to sell their homes these days. To me it looks like you are serious about selling your home and so I would be more inclined to buy from you.

Gobbledigook Mon 04-Apr-05 15:26:20

Oh OK - so just be honest about it and hope it's a bonus for them?! Hope they offer....

Gobbledigook Mon 04-Apr-05 15:27:20

Thanks for that Beansprout - I think it's pretty clear we are serious as well because we've already moved out!! The viewer has also sold so it would be fantastic if they made an offer...any offer...pleeeeease!

gingerbear Mon 04-Apr-05 15:34:10

We once went to view an empty house. On the Estate agent's leaflet it said:
"Open plan Living Room fully carpeted in unique style" or similar.

Nearly fainted at Purple and Orange tartan room that confronted us!!

(It was axminster, but a cheap contract carpet by all accounts)

Compared to that new kitchen would be a doddle. Is it part installed yet? If not, do you have a brochure of what it will look like?

aloha Mon 04-Apr-05 15:41:29

Definitely a bonus if you tell them they can choose their own flooring and tiles and you will pay to have them put in if they put in a serious offer.

Fimbo Tue 05-Apr-05 12:35:01

How did it go GDG?

Gobbledigook Thu 07-Apr-05 21:36:24

They didn't buy - they really liked it when they were going round but the feedback was that it was 'too big' - it was an older lady who was downsizing.

I can't believe we'll ever sell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now