Advanced search

need help

(15 Posts)
XT Mon 04-Apr-05 09:54:25

we're due to be evicted out of our house this weekend (housing association house) as dp failed to pay the rent (he controls all the money)we are due to move in with his sister and then hopfully rent some we're new - i borrowed the money of my parents (not telling them about the eviction they think we're just moving to be nearer family)to find somewe're new.

Thing is me and dh are hving more and more arguments this last week and he keeps walking out (always returning later)well this morning i've noticed that all the bank cards / cheque book are missing and he's not answering his phone (mostly answers even at work)all the money is in them - accounts with money in are in his name.

So at the mo i'm thinking he's left for good this time (mind is ticking overtime)

If he has i don't know what i'll do - as i can't move into his sister's without him as she hates me as it is.

My parents are full are they have my brother and his girlfriend living there.

I'd already arranged for the furniture to go in storage - but don't know we're me and ds will live if this happens.

nutcracker Mon 04-Apr-05 09:57:04

Is there no way at all of coming to a payment arrangement with the h/a ??? Eviction is usually their very very last resort.

Is the tenancy in both of your names ??

XT Mon 04-Apr-05 09:57:55

it's due to go to court on the 12th april

fairydust Mon 04-Apr-05 10:05:52

can you not speak to your parents?

nutcracker Mon 04-Apr-05 10:06:12

Have you sort any advice about it from Citizens advice for example ????

How many months hasn't he paid ???

XT Mon 04-Apr-05 10:07:20

apparntly we owe £1600

nutcracker Mon 04-Apr-05 10:08:10

Hmm right and what is the monthly rent ???

Is the house in both names ????

mummytosteven Mon 04-Apr-05 10:08:32

speak to the Council asap to say you think you and your child/children will shortly be homeless

at the way your partner has been treating to you

XT Mon 04-Apr-05 10:08:47

monthly rent £250

nutcracker Mon 04-Apr-05 10:09:58

Blimey, he hasn't been paying for ages then.

Would you stay in the house without him if you could ???

XT Mon 04-Apr-05 10:11:39

if i could then yes - but i know the HA office is a horrid man (probly cause dh hasn't been paying)

noddyholder Mon 04-Apr-05 10:23:31

can you contact them and explain the situation usually if you offer to pay something they are understanding Though I think if your partner moved back in it would be tricky Why hasn't he paid it do you know?The council will maybe be able to assist you now as they will only have to house you again if you seperate x

Easy Mon 04-Apr-05 10:41:37

XT has he taken any clothes with him? Are there any of his friends ou can talk to to find out what his plans are.

If he has left you need to talk to the HA as soon as poss, try to get them to understand that HE didn't pay, you intend to pay, you and the children will be homeless etc.. In other words calmly paint a picture of pity, and hope that the HA bloke has a heart.

Otherwise you need to inform the council of your problem, and hope they can find you somewhere.

What has your dp been doing with the money, if not paying rent?

XT Mon 04-Apr-05 11:03:34

that's just it i don't know what he's done with the money

BadgerBadger Mon 04-Apr-05 11:09:13

Approach the HA.... they might be open to moving the tenancy to your name and arranging a payment scheme of so much per month or week? If I were you I'd ring them a.s.a.p., it doesn't sound as if you have much to lose .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: