Talk

Advanced search

Glastonbury!!

(25 Posts)
lunavix Sun 03-Apr-05 09:13:27

I just put through my online booking I'm SO EXCITED!!!!

Pollyanna Sun 03-Apr-05 09:45:42

I can't get through at all. aaagh!!

Spacecadet Sun 03-Apr-05 09:58:53

wow that brings back memories, used to go there every year, went in 94 when ds was just 7 weeks couldnt see myself doing it now!ds thinks im cool cos i saw his fave bands play and cos in 92 i went to reading and saw nirvana play live!!!!!!!!

SPARKLER1 Sun 03-Apr-05 10:33:45

I love Glastonbury. Such great fun. I've been twice - last time being 1997 when it was full of mud.

flamesparrow Sun 03-Apr-05 10:42:47

<<sob>> Not been for aaaaages and can't afford it for aaaages

Flossam Sun 03-Apr-05 10:46:13

Sparkler, think I went that year, just for the day as we only lived down the road. I took SOO much stuff I was heavy one sided, and keeled over sideways in the mud! I since decided maybe festival lifestyle wasn't for me.....

Pollyanna Sun 03-Apr-05 10:51:03

oooh I've got tickets (hopefully!!!). VVV excited. (not thinking about the toilets!).

SPARKLER1 Sun 03-Apr-05 10:52:23

I wore a pair of leather DM style boots and by the end of the weekend the soles were hanging off - I had them tied up with string. When we got back to the car ready to go home, I took my boots off and left them in the field.

lunavix Sun 03-Apr-05 20:49:59

Pollyanna - YAY!

None of our friends are going lol it's just me and dp I think we're going to feel rather lost!

I'm glad everyones enjoyed it, worried about how I'm going to cope without ds for 4 nights

evansmummy Sun 03-Apr-05 21:15:21

So happy for you!! Out of the question that we go - dh hates festival atmosphere, and ds is only 15 weeks, and I couldn't cope! Still been a few times and just love it. A whole different world on a farm...

Pollyanna Sun 03-Apr-05 21:18:22

I'm going to take my children with me (I think) - although I might leave the 2 year old at home. Is this completely mad???

evansmummy Sun 03-Apr-05 21:21:39

How old are your kids Pollyanna? I must admit that when I went I was a long way off having kids! But now I could never imagine taing mine!!!! Dpends how old they are though..

Spacecadet Sun 03-Apr-05 21:25:46

pollyana, i took my ds when he was 7 weeks, 11 years ago!

Pollyanna Sun 03-Apr-05 21:27:21

They're 6, 4 , 2 and 12 weeks! my dh thinks we should leave the 2 youngest with my mum. I've been a few times (but not for a few years now) and I did plan to go back with children. But I'm wondering if it is a completely stupid idea now. (I think I would prefer Babington House these days )

evansmummy Sun 03-Apr-05 21:29:42

The last time I went I found it really 'druggy' (I may have participated in that though , and I wouldn't take my lo for that reason.

Spacecadet Sun 03-Apr-05 21:38:17

pollyanna, when i went with ds I was only 21 and selfishly would not yet the small matter of ahving a newborn baby stop me going, he was in asling all the time, however I could not envisage going now as i love my home comforts tto much, hate noise after 11 at night and couldnt bear to sleep in a tent,im quite happy to blast the music out in my house or car but thats about it these days, how very boring i am.

sallystrawberry Mon 04-Apr-05 02:06:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lunavix Mon 04-Apr-05 09:19:07

Pollyanna - I'd like to take ds (he'll be 14 months) but tbh I think 5 days (4 nights?) will just be too much for him. Like dp says, we're going because a LOT of bands we like will be playing and if the killers are on at 11pm and he's usually in bed by 8 we could have issues!

When he gets to about 6 maybe we'll take him.

lunavix Mon 04-Apr-05 09:19:37

Plus we're planning on being very drunk and he's still at the age he needs constant looking after

marthamoo Mon 04-Apr-05 09:34:04

I know I'm now officially old because the thought of going to Glastonbury makes me <<<shudder>>> I'll just watch the highlights on the telly

slug Mon 04-Apr-05 10:26:40

OK I'm officially jealous having failed to get them for two years running. We consoled ourselves by getting tickets for New Order in Hyde Park instead.

lunavix Mon 04-Apr-05 10:27:49

It was really easy this year.
Dp was on the phone but it was constantly engaged.

I tried online at 9am and got them straight away!

lunavix Mon 11-Apr-05 13:02:14

pollyanna - you decided whether to take the kids?

Pollyanna Mon 11-Apr-05 13:24:42

We're definitely taking the oldest 2. I've lined my mum up for that weekend to look after the 2yo, and I'm thinking about the baby. I think she will be very portable, and I'm breastfeeding her, so if I don't take her I'll have to express (at Glastonbury! ), but dh thinks she's too heavy to carry everywhere. We're reconciled to having a very different experience to the last time we went!!

lunavix Mon 11-Apr-05 13:28:48

How exciting! I'd love to know how you get on with your kids, we're planning a few more and wondering what age we should take them from - I reckoned 6 or 7.

Going to miss ds though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now