Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it safe for Elijah to go to the gym creche without vax?

(12 Posts)
bubble99 Sat 02-Apr-05 23:16:58

Summer is coming and I'm still in my faded winter maternity clothes. Last year I joined the YMCA gym near us and got a good little exercise routine going. I stopped when I was about 20 weeks pg with the twins, although at that point it was just gentle cycling and a gentle movements and yoga-ish type class.

I'd really like to get back into some kind of routine as I think it will help my mind as much as my body. and the gym has a good creche that I used last year for DS2. It is OFSTED registered and well run. I've noticed on their info sheet that they accept children from 6 weeks old. Elijah is just 6 weeks old and hasn't had any vaccinations yet. Is it safe for him to go into the creche? Or should I wait until he's had all three doses of vax?

mummytosteven Sat 02-Apr-05 23:19:03

IMHO yes it should be fine- the only activity there is any issue with re:vax is baby swimming. eg. I don't think baby massage classes have any restriction re:jabs.

maisystar Sat 02-Apr-05 23:20:27

i'm sure it will be fine, think it is probably just the same as going to baby group etc

JulieF Sun 03-Apr-05 01:33:39

Yes its fine, after all some babies remain unvaccinated.

Spacecadet Sun 03-Apr-05 10:01:10

yes its not a prob, after all most nurseries take from 6 weeks.

aloha Sun 03-Apr-05 10:58:59

Vaccinations have no relevance to swimming either - and that' s from my NHS vaccination leaflet!

mummytosteven Sun 03-Apr-05 10:59:34

sigh yet more HV misinformation then Aloha!!!!

aloha Sun 03-Apr-05 11:01:33

Honestly, what are they like? I was pleased to see it in black and white as I wasn't sure about it either.

mummytosteven Sun 03-Apr-05 11:02:43

i know there are loads of good ones about - but why are the never the ones I have dealt with!!!

bubble99 Sun 03-Apr-05 11:46:47

Thanks all.I'll plan to dust off the lycra and hit the gym, next week. That'll give me plenty of time to talk myself out of it, won't it?

Socci Sun 03-Apr-05 11:59:28

Message withdrawn

cod Sun 03-Apr-05 11:59:57

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now