Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

my 5 year old dd has wobbly bottom teeth - sob!

(20 Posts)
Enid Sat 02-Apr-05 21:45:13

and I feel all soppy about it

misdee Sat 02-Apr-05 21:50:45

lol. u wotsit.

RTMTMML Sat 02-Apr-05 21:51:40

bless. DD2 has finally got wobbly teeth and I'm sick of the whole thing already lol

WideWebWitch Sun 03-Apr-05 20:54:41

I felt soppy about it too enid but ds's first one came out ridiculously early, he was 3 or something silly like that.

Marina Sun 03-Apr-05 20:57:47

You may switch to being bl**dy impatient about it if they hang around for weeks like ds' did Enid! It started wobbling in early Feb (blamed initially on dismembering Bionicle with teeth ) and finally popped out on April 1st. We had a bit of an Eraserhead moment as ds had half-eaten an apple and I went to finish it...hmmm, what was that crunchy bit? I narrowly escaped eating my precious boy's first precious baby tooth...

ScummyMummy Sun 03-Apr-05 21:00:31

lololol at Marina nearly eating her boy's tooth. My boys are really behind, clearly- I know they're a little older than your dd, Enid and your ds, Marina but they have nary a wobble between them.

Aero Sun 03-Apr-05 21:02:19

Ds1 turnred 7 recently and is totally fed up of waiting for even one of his teeth to wobble!! All his friends have at least some of their second teeth and it's getting obvious his mouth is growing to make space for them, but not a wobble in sight yet!

Lonelymum Sun 03-Apr-05 21:03:23

Oh the coming out of the first teeth is a lovely event - one of my favourites. It is a good old fashioned, innocent, unadulterated pleasure - few of those left now it seems to me. When ds1's first tooth came out, he was in school, and the teacher put the tooth in an envelope and drew a smiley face on it. I thought her reaction was lovely - made it quite special. Enjoy it!

kid Sun 03-Apr-05 21:04:55

DD was 6 in January, she had a slightly wobly tooth. I was pleased it was loose as its wonky after so many falls.
I was then disappointed to notice that it seems to have set again! I ensured DD not to worry and that it would fall out by DS's birthday. Unless it falls out in the next 3 hours I was wrong!

Enid Sun 03-Apr-05 21:11:24

kid -

it is literally ALL she has talked about today (sample conversation Enid: "so do you want to go for a bicycle ride?" dd1: "yeees....but look mummy, do you think if I wobble it with my other finger it might fall out?" etc etc)

I can see how this might pall in the next, ooo, day or so

tigi Sun 03-Apr-05 21:22:12

i really feel ill about wobbly teeth. all of ds's are pulled out at school, saving me the stress of it! He will find one with a bit of a wobble, and work at it until it's out, in 0-2 hours flat! He lost one at school, y2 i think, and his teacher (newly qualified) wrapped it up and put it in his drawer. At the end of the day it had gone, and was never ever found. ds thinks someone took it to get tooth fairy money!

Enid Sun 03-Apr-05 21:22:56

dh can't look at them, it makes his tummy 'go funny'

Lonelymum Sun 03-Apr-05 21:23:50

When ds2's teeth get very wobbly, he frets about going to bed at night in case his tooth falls out! You are in for some fun!

dropinthe Sun 03-Apr-05 21:26:06

Well, how about this for a sob story-my darling three year old ds went to the dentist this week because we thought he had tooth decay as one of top front teeth was going grey,only to be told he had "obviously" had a knock in the teeth,(cue bad parent time-we hadnt noticed!!),and it was going bad and had to come out as soon as possible! He is a real grinnerwith the most amazing smile and I had to keep myself from blubbing to the dentist!!-He is going to spend the next two years as gappy duck!!!
{Please, I know its for the good of the next one but let me have my hapennies worth of moarning!!!)

Lonelymum Sun 03-Apr-05 21:30:00

I knocked my front teeth out when I was about 3 and, as a late developer teeth-wise, had a gaping hole in my smile for about 4 years. It is really cute to look at in photos. for your ds though dropinthe.

SeaShells Sun 03-Apr-05 21:33:08

My ds is nearly 7 and still hasn't lost any teeth, I'm dreading it!

WideWebWitch Sun 03-Apr-05 21:59:25

dropinthe, my ds had a grey top tooth too (baby tooth, thankfully) but we were told to leave it unless it became infected, is that the case with your boy? I hadn't noticed any knock either if it makes you feel better! And the dentist said it was a dead tooth so must have been banged hard.

dropinthe Mon 04-Apr-05 10:16:51

The problem with that is if it does get infected it will start deep in the root and may affect the adult tooth so thats why she has told us to get it out-it may be worth checking up with your dentist again as you may not know when it does become infected. I just dont want any permanent damage to his teeth.

ambrosia Mon 04-Apr-05 10:48:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Enid Mon 04-Apr-05 10:53:15

That is very good advice ambrosia, will get clicking today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now