Talk

Advanced search

What to do in London Monday night, for free or very cheap?

(11 Posts)
BumpermightsuetheSindie Sat 10-Jan-09 20:31:16

I'm going to the big smoke over night for work on Monday, staying in a hotel in Westminster. It'll be my first night away from DD (18mo) and I can't wait <dances with glee>. Have very little money though. I'm tempted just to use the hotel gym, read some papers, watch TV and MN in peace for once, enjoying the solitude, but I feel like I should make the most of it. Is there anything exciting and cheap that might tempt me out Monday evening? Recommendations please? I was considering theatre cancellations, but just how cheap could I get them?

BumpermightsuetheSindie Sat 10-Jan-09 21:22:49

Hopeful bump

moondog Sat 10-Jan-09 21:23:52

Walking in a city is always one of the most intersting things to do I find.

MegBusset Sat 10-Jan-09 21:34:12

How about a walk along the South Bank to catch a film at the NFT?

AuraofDora Sat 10-Jan-09 21:37:27

or try the national theatre for a tenner on south bank
last minute concert tickets at royal festival hall drink on the balcony is lovely overlooking thames

what floats ya?

BumpermightsuetheSindie Sat 10-Jan-09 21:45:00

All sound nice. I want something I don't have to travel far for, and my London geography is rubbish!

MegBusset Sat 10-Jan-09 21:57:47

The South Bank is dead easy to get to from Westminster -- just cross the river and there you are.

AuraofDora Sun 11-Jan-09 21:16:22

you cant get lost its virtually a straight line
drop in on cafe at lambeth palace really lovely lunchtime food beautiful garden / graveyard
very interesting place lovely food

nannyL Sun 11-Jan-09 22:45:50

we went the other monday

i googled what to do in london and one of the links had a link to cheap or free things to do, and one place every monday night has a completley free comedy show every monday that you can go to for free

BumpermightsuetheSindie Mon 12-Jan-09 21:22:46

Ah I wimped out. I didn't get to my hotel till 6.30 so popped out for some dinner and then walked past the House of Parliament back to my hotel. Now in bed in a hotel dressing gown watching the West Wing - bliss!

And best of all I get to have a lovely hotel brekkie and don't have to worry about getting up with or waking the baby (I say baby, she's 18 mo now!).

Thanks for your tips everyone. I've been up since 5.30 (and woke DD up - oops, sorry DH!) and am going to have an early night.

AuraofDora Wed 14-Jan-09 21:17:06

sounds pleasant evening, hope you got some good rest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now