Talk

Advanced search

Grab your passport and run away with me...

(20 Posts)
marthamoo Wed 30-Mar-05 19:17:07

Have had enough of my kids fighting with each other, and the cold, and the rain, and the Easter holidays, and my boring humdrum existence so I am running away.

Anyone want to join me? I'll meet you at Terminal One, at Heathrow at...oooh about midnight. I'll be the one dancing about in excitement at the thought of getting away from it all.

We'll just grab the first available flight to somewhere hot with deserted beaches, waiters bringing cocktails, and NO KIDS.

Anyone coming?

hunkermunker Wed 30-Mar-05 19:20:18

Yes, I'll be there

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 19:23:20

Me please. I am looking for a job and it's BORING and when I get one it will be BORING too and you seem like a larf. Hey, you've got to be better company than dp, who has violent D&V atm. I SO don't do sympathy though so don't get sick, I won't want to hear it. I will spend a grand in Borders before I meet you and then I won't speak for a few weeks while I read. And drink cold Chablis. And eat yummy food, that I haven't cooked. We could get this cab home once we were in Mauritius, sigh.

WideWebWitch Wed 30-Mar-05 19:25:41

Actually, not Mauritius, too hot, what about the glacial cool that is Iceland?

marthamoo Wed 30-Mar-05 19:29:23

No I don't want cold - Iceland is out. I am a larf when not tearing my hair out and screeching like a deranged harridan which is all I have done today. I used to be sociable, and up for anything, and not tired - now I am just a run-ragged old grump with chocolate smears on my top.

nnosam Wed 30-Mar-05 19:30:48

me please, have had really crap day.

marthamoo Wed 30-Mar-05 19:33:23

Or how about a cruise ?

I fancy the New York and the Caribbean one.

QueenEagle Wed 30-Mar-05 19:37:00

I'm in if no-one minds. I have already told dh that I'm having a whole day and night off next week when he is off work. I was thinking about going to stay in our caravan but it will probably be too cold so somewhere hot with lots of gorgeous hunks waiting on me hand and foot would be just the ticket.

nnosam Wed 30-Mar-05 19:40:10

New York sounds really good, i could take dhs credit card and go shopping, for the new kitchen of course.....

duster Wed 30-Mar-05 19:44:22

Take me with you!!!

I'm bringing my toyboy but you can all have a go.

Twiglett Wed 30-Mar-05 19:48:46

I'd come but I haven't shaved my legs

nnosam Wed 30-Mar-05 19:49:22

so if you all take turns with Dusters toyboy you wont want MINE

desperatehousewife Wed 30-Mar-05 19:52:24

god, iv'e recently been fantasising about running away.

i'll bring the sarnies and flask of coffee.

what clothes shall we bring? can you imagine packing just for yourself...no toys, no nappies - aaargh, bliss!

actualisedad Wed 30-Mar-05 19:52:27

This was attractive...until I saw the dreaded words "Terminal One, at Heathrow"! I played an expert-level game of getting lost there just earlier this month...

duster Wed 30-Mar-05 20:01:56

nnosam, I'm a bit worried about what your chap might do to tiny little Phillip. I hope he isn't a bully. Suggest we keep 'em busy and they never meet.

SeaShells Wed 30-Mar-05 20:08:29

Oh I'll come but someone will have to lend me the cash for the plane ticket

nnosam Wed 30-Mar-05 20:10:11

ok, we can sort out a rota for them at the airport. so where are we all going then......

KristinaM Wed 30-Mar-05 20:34:25

dont worry about the ££££££. I won the lottery last week and I was looking for a good cause to spend it on...

maisystar Wed 30-Mar-05 20:36:59

god am drooling at the thought of it

save a seat for me

marthamoo Wed 30-Mar-05 21:26:25

Are you all packed then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now