Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I don't believe what ds1 has just done.......:-(

(7 Posts)
mumbojumbo Wed 30-Mar-05 16:28:06

I've just found DS1 (3) in the utility room, having emptied a bottle of skimmed milk powder (9 PINTS) into the detergent dispenser of the washing machine. Not content with that, he has now tipped it over the floor, walked it through the lounge carpet and tipped some of it over the conservatory floor.

DS2 (16 months) has chickenpox and I've not been to bed before 4am for the past 3 days nursing him. DS1 has just recovered from chickenpox. I'm too knackered to be angry........ Just got to get the washing machine working again......and stop ds2 from screaming.....

Gobbledigook Wed 30-Mar-05 16:30:06

Oh poor you - sounds like you need a big hug!

If it's any consolation - my ds2 (2.5) took to my lipstick with an eyeshadow brush on Sunday - painted all over my pale gold bedroom carpet with it and it's not coming out either

sweetmonkey Wed 30-Mar-05 16:30:07

can you hoover the stuff out of machine as well.might be a bit quicker. then sit down and take 5 mins out to relax

QueenEagle Wed 30-Mar-05 16:32:09

Would it help if I told you that in a few years time you'll be telling this story to your friends with children of that age when they do something similar?

Apparently when I was very little I tipped the washing powder onto the floor and washing up liquid and mixed it together to make lovely patterns on the dining room carpet.

starlover Wed 30-Mar-05 16:51:55

i used to be a mother's help, and the little girl i looked after was OBSESSED with tipping boxes of cereal on the floor... we had to lock it away.
If we went shopping it was the first thing that had to be put away or she'd have it all over the floor.

One day we didn't lock the cupboard and she tipped a bag of muesli on the floor... her mum swept it up and put it back in the packet!!!

chipmonkey Wed 30-Mar-05 17:31:21

Once when ds1 and ds2 were 3 and 1 we were in the middle of selling our house and expecting people over to view it. I was out in garden and heard peals of laughter from kitchen. Ds1 and ds2 had emptied a 2L bettle of Ariel liquid on the floor and were sliding up and down the kitchen having great fun! tried to mop it up, impossible! In the end got all the towels from the bathroom, soaked it up, bunged in the washing machine and switched on. Got lovely clean towels!

Pinotmum Wed 30-Mar-05 18:07:13

We went for Christmas dinner at my parents house and after dinner all the adults were sitting around chatting. Suddenly there was a shriek from the hall. My mother found my ds 26 mths and my nephew 3 yo drawing all over her white hall in green felt tip. We tried to wash it but it wouldn't come off !!! Total redecoration job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now