Talk

Advanced search

dishwasher trouble! Help!

(7 Posts)
aloha Wed 30-Mar-05 16:06:52

It's not cleaning properly and now the tablet isn't dissolving. Any idea what this is and how to solve it without a plumber's call out charge. I can't live without my dishwasher - kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it! And while I can Mumsnet and breastfeed/cuddle my baby, I can't wash up at the same time!

Waswondering Wed 30-Mar-05 16:10:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Wed 30-Mar-05 16:15:04

Check that the holes on the spinning bars which spray the water are clear of gunk and calc, and make sure nothing is trapped either in the filter or under the bottom grill to hinder the water circulation.

Pamina3 Wed 30-Mar-05 16:18:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aloha Wed 30-Mar-05 16:21:56

Thanks all - the tablet is in the cutlery basket, but haven't checked the spraying thingys - will get dh to do this when he gets home!

Davros Wed 30-Mar-05 17:28:08

Been having the same problem. Usually spin the bar to check its going OK but didn't the other day so when tab didn't disolve went to give it a spin and it wasn't there! Had fallen off but I think only just, I'm sure I would have noticed! Filled up salt and did some general wiping and seems OK now. BUT mine's a Bosch whcih should tell you when it needs Salt and/or rinseaid and it doesn't tell me anymore.... Maybe its not speaking to me for not looking after it

aloha Wed 30-Mar-05 21:39:13

huzzah! Love MN! thanks Lizs - cleared HIDEOUS gunk from sprayer arms and all is well!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: