Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Taking stuff back to M&S ................ can I get a full refund or full credit note?

(11 Posts)
mosschops30 Sun 04-Jan-09 21:44:31

Bought ds some slippers for xmas, he doesnt like them and the receipt is long gone.

I know with m&s if you dont have the receipt then they give you the current value so if theyve been in the sale I will get next to nothing for them.
I do have the credit card bill which has my M&S purchase on there, but is not specific to the slippers, do you think its worth me taking it in or not?

SlartyBartFast Sun 04-Jan-09 21:45:30

i should think the credit card bill would be ok,, particularly with M & S,
not necessarily anywhere else, but they have a reputation

scrooged Sun 04-Jan-09 21:45:59

Without a reciept it will probably be a credit note but it's worth begging. Does it have all the labels on it?

differentID Sun 04-Jan-09 21:47:18

you can try, but all it actually shows is you made a purchase at M+S for x amount on that day. They may just do the current price on till.

mosschops30 Sun 04-Jan-09 21:47:18

I dont mind a credit note or vouchers thats fine, but I dont want a voucher for £2 when the slippers were £9 IYKWIM

Yes all labels still on

SlartyBartFast Sun 04-Jan-09 21:47:50

wooolies last january lady looked and looked through the old til receipts on their tils, their till rolls, until they found my purchase.
sigh.
they are gone as of tomorrow arent thye.

GreenOnions Sun 04-Jan-09 21:47:58

if in the sale and no proof recipt you will get sale value

mosschops30 Sun 04-Jan-09 21:49:35

great £2 for me to spend in M&S then sad

BrieVinDeAlkaSeltzer Sun 04-Jan-09 21:50:28

Moss

They will laugh you out of court.

It is your repsonsibility to retain your receipts.

I am blonder, than blonde, when it comes to retaining receipts.

But I manage it for M&S.

mosschops30 Sun 04-Jan-09 21:51:40

I always keep reciepts until my bill comes and then theyre gone
Serves me right I guess

MadMarg Tue 13-Jan-09 15:13:34

Sighh, I have the same problem with a M&S purchase - I thought I had the receipt nice and safe until I discovered that my DS had learned how to open my handbag and was merrily throwing receipts around the house - and the M&S one is one that I haven't managed to find. I think I found all the money he tossed around hmm - handbag moved to higher location now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now