Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it a ghost of my late father ?????

(8 Posts)
lars Tue 29-Mar-05 13:02:38

I don't want to sound mad, but my family and I had a very strange experience last night while at my mother's house.

My mother had said that she heard a very loud thump on the lounge ceiling that morning, but nothing was upstairs and nothing had fallen down. She said it was like the noise she heard when my dad fell down dead upstairs last year.

I had heard the noise once before (last year) and my mum heard it as well. This doesn't happen all the time. Last night we all heard it 3 loud thumps on the ceiling the children run and jumped on my husband terrified.
We went upstairs and nothing at all. It was not the boiler or pipe noises and spoke to a plumber today and he beleives the floorboards need to come up to find out what's going on. Dont think the heating is the problem as all be working fine and it's a new house.

Like to hear your views about this one as is it a sign or is there an expanation for this, but what??? larsxx

fastasleep Tue 29-Mar-05 13:07:27

That sounds really freaky! Do come back and tell us what you find under the floorboards! Don't believe in ghosts personally, but then again I might do if I was given good reason to...

Sponge Tue 29-Mar-05 13:11:40

Wow that does sound quite weird.
I haven't had any experience of ghosts myself but I know a lot of very sensible people who have seen and heard them so it is possible.
I'd still get the floorboards checked though as I'm a pragmastist and would want to look for any possible "normal" explanation.
Let us know what you find.

Papillon Tue 29-Mar-05 13:20:31

there is a thread running atm about such things, jsut so you know these things do happen to other MNetters.
here

megandsoph Tue 29-Mar-05 13:48:41

g'day papillon
did u envision snugs last night???

hiya lars sounds very strange hun and sounds like someone is trying to let u know there around. If there was no other explination like something that could of fell easily upstairs???

lars Tue 29-Mar-05 13:55:19

megandsoph, nothing fell at all, we checked and we cannot at this moment explain this at all.

The thumps were so loud that they were not knocking or just a bang they were definate sounds like you were trying to draw attention three loud thumps- no mistake we all heard it very clearly. I would like to know if this is my dad or not. larsxx

Papillon Tue 29-Mar-05 14:03:24

I did Meg&Soph... cuse us lars...
I am an early bird so was actually in bed at the time

megandsoph Tue 29-Mar-05 14:15:48

snugs will kill me but she knows more bout it than me and I wouldn't want to say if it was or not lars but if u join the thread that pap pointed out i'm sure there are definetly some stories simular to ur's. but in my opinion and some of the freaky things I have personally experienced I most certainly wouldn't rule it out and I belive you know deep down ureslf who it was IYKWIM .....

pap u lazy monkey (only playing..... it was only 8pm lol....

definetly think we should do some kinda test that snugs was on about like telepathically guess shapes are something that would be crazy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now