Talk

Advanced search

am i a nasty person

(16 Posts)
starshaker Mon 28-Mar-05 21:25:58

im not sure if its hormones or whether ive just lost all my patience somewhere but i feel a bit bad as i made a small boy cry (he was about 6ish).

i was driving along the road and the wee boy was standing like he was gonna jump in front of my car. i slowed down just incase but as i went past he threw stones that hit the car and made me really pi##ed off. i turned the car round and rolled the window down and said if he did that again id not be respossible for what i did. im 38 weeks pregnant and i lost my temper with a kid what kind of mum will i be if i can make a wee boy cry like i did

SenoraPostrophe Mon 28-Mar-05 21:27:48

sounds like he needed a telling off.

don't worry - we all lose it sometimes (especially, but not only, when hormonal). I think i would have done the same thing.

tillykins Mon 28-Mar-05 21:28:58

Good for you starshaker, he needed a good telling off, silly little boy. If he had been mine, I would have gone MAD with him, and in your situation, I would have been just the same with an unknown child.

the fact that you are thinking about it shows that you will be a brilliant mum, don't worry about that. He was a naughty child and as a responsible adult, you gave him whatfor - and quite right too. Hopefully he got the message, next time the stones could go thru an open car window and really cause someone some damage

You're not nasty at all

ionesmum Mon 28-Mar-05 21:31:15

You did the right thing - let's just hope he's got the message!

starshaker Mon 28-Mar-05 21:49:12

i just feel bad cos i made him cry i could have prob handled it better if i just said look u shouldnt throw stones at cars cos it could hurt some1 or something like that

colditzmum Mon 28-Mar-05 21:55:22

And that would not have sunk in. He will now think twice before he throws stones at cars!

tillykins Mon 28-Mar-05 21:57:21

agree with colditzmum, you def did the right thing

ionesmum Mon 28-Mar-05 22:10:29

Sometimes you have to be a bit forceful for it to sink in. IMO it's justified if the situation is dangerous or violent.

sansouci Mon 28-Mar-05 22:16:45

The only one who thinks you're nasty is probably the kid you (rightfully) gave a good ticking off to!

starlover Mon 28-Mar-05 22:20:36

starshaker... I would have done exactly the same thing!
At that age he knows damn well that you don't throw stones at cars (or anything else for that matter!)... I wonder where his parents were though!

Aero Mon 28-Mar-05 22:22:01

Someone did this to my brother when he was around eight and threw a sweet at a passing car.
The car stopped and my brother made a swift shift towards home. The bloke followed and rang our doorbell to speak to our parents. Brother reduced to tears (because he was bricking it - pardon the expression). That said, he has never thrown anything at a passing car since! Therefore, lesson learned - you did the right thing, and he was lucky to get off that lightly - at least you didn't turn up at his house to let his folks know!

bubbly1973 Mon 28-Mar-05 22:38:25

just to add what others have said, you did the right thing, id bloody want to smack him across the chops!! but i wouldnt!! (dont worry!!)

think of it this way...the message must have got through loud and clear to get such a reaction thus saving someones life possibly as if he did it again cos u told him softly softly someone else may not be so lucky!!

well done you!
congratulations on your pregnancy and all the best ...u will be a brill mother im sure!

Tortington Tue 29-Mar-05 01:42:34

another to add you did the right thing. i had mytwins strapped int he backwhen two youngads threw ice at mywindowscreen. i stopped the car in the road and screamed atthemthat they could have killed us all. and am glad i did.

Chandra Tue 29-Mar-05 02:16:59

Starshaker you are my hero, you thought a little boy a good lesson. I wish somebody had thought that lesson to the stupid kids that threw stones to my car, stones that hit right on the window next to which my 3m baby was travelling.

eidsvold Tue 29-Mar-05 04:47:09

you did the right thing - that was terribly dangerous behaviour.. what if the window had been down, what if he had broken a window?!?!

Like custy - i had an ill babe in the car one night and as I stopped to turn the corner these teenages pelted rock hard snowballs at the window where dd1 was... I got such a fright - I stopped the car and went through the park after them - shouting at them to get home and stop being so stupid and various other things....

there is nothing wrong with making children cry if you are stopping them from doing something dangerous like that. A little cry and some guilt is very powerful

starshaker Tue 29-Mar-05 06:01:29

yeah i supose it just got to me that i made him cry but if it stops him doing it again then its worth it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: