Talk

Advanced search

Why did I get up this morning?

(9 Posts)
serenity Mon 28-Mar-05 18:35:40

First thing Dh showed me this morning was a news report that someone from a band I loved, killed himself over the weekend. I sat and cried in the bathroom and then felt really stupid as I don't know this person, never met them, their music got me through some rough times but still.......

Went to croydon and decided to spend money on myself for a change, and then hit the kerb as I came out of the carpark and dented my car and exploded my tire. I haven't got a spare at the moment so I've just waited over an hour for a very nice breakdown man to take me home. Dh will have to pay for the new tire tomorrow as I've spent my money on myself

Kids are irritating me and I feel stupid, sad and grumpy. Should have satyed in bed this morning.

serenity Mon 28-Mar-05 18:36:24

Or even stayed.

SoupDragon Mon 28-Mar-05 18:41:04

I hate days like that. However...

If you stayed in bed, the kids would still be irritating you though. At least this way you got to spoil yourself a little...?

Cod Mon 28-Mar-05 18:41:46

Message withdrawn

snafu Mon 28-Mar-05 19:23:34

You could have met me too - except I now avoid Croyhell like the plague unless absolutely necessary

So what did you buy? Anything nice?

serenity Mon 28-Mar-05 21:31:52

Thanks, I'm feeling better now as kids are in bed, DH is doing the washing up and I'm preparing to sit on the sofa scoffing Haagen Daaz Pralines and Cream

I went into Evans and bought myself a couple of really nice tops and dangly earrings. I disappointed DS2 though as he kept picking up pink sparkly low cut tops, but I bought my usual black. He has much better taste than I do!

SoupDragon Mon 28-Mar-05 21:47:23

And how would you know, Cod? I might have cheered her up, you never know.

charleepeters Mon 28-Mar-05 21:50:03

i have had a rough day aswell dont you worry about it im sure tomorrow will be better and im sure all these lovley mumsnetters will cheer you up they did me!

serenity Mon 28-Mar-05 21:53:41

Soupy, I'm sure you can cheer anyone up. The one time I've met you you seemed very nice (but harrassed!!)

Right going to watch Buffy now, and then be loyal and make rude noises at the TV when 'Why IKEA drives me crazy' is on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now