Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP - LIPSTICK ON CARPET!

(6 Posts)
Gobbledigook Mon 28-Mar-05 16:04:59

And quite a lot of it as ds2 has had a painting session with a lipstick and eyeshadow brush (please note, I was out, dh was in charge - nuff said!)

Any tips for how to get it out? It's brownish lipstick on a pale gold carpet!!

Caligula Mon 28-Mar-05 16:07:01

I've been told you have to treat it like you do wax: so greasproof paper on the lippy, hot iron, and it will gradually melt off. But tbh it has only ever half worked for me!

Cod Mon 28-Mar-05 16:33:00

Message withdrawn

JanH Mon 28-Mar-05 16:44:58

Lipstick Stain

You can try scrubbing the area with a non-gel (white) toothpaste, as this is very effective at removing lipstick.

Another method is to combine 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide with 1 TBS. of ammonia. Dab it on with a towel until the area is saturated. Then, take a piece of plastic wrap and put it down on the spot and cover with a stack of heavy books. Let sit overnight. Rinse well in the morning.

(From anyclean.co.uk )

abusybee Mon 28-Mar-05 16:45:19

I had amazing success with cheepie L'oreal eye make-up remover - would never know it had happened

Gobbledigook Mon 28-Mar-05 19:42:39

Ooh, thanks for these. Will try the toothpaste first as it sounds easy - did think of trying make up remover. Might have a little go on a small spot - it's a RIGHT mess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now