Talk

Advanced search

Dead Celebs - what do you think?

(15 Posts)
Gobbledigook Mon 28-Mar-05 09:24:16

dead celebs

Just wondered what wise Mumsnetters think about this having read all the comments at the bottom of the page

bobbybob Mon 28-Mar-05 09:30:37

Wow, it's a few steps on from watching old BBC comedies on the TV and saying "he's dead", "he's dead" isn't it?

TinyGang Mon 28-Mar-05 10:41:11

I suppose it appeals if you have a rather dark sense of humour. Mine is a bit dark sometimes, so I'm not especially offended by it, but it wouldn't interest me to participate purely because I don't find it that interesting.

There is quite a good site called the Dead People Server (not too good at links) which tells you if someone famous is dead or alive. Quite interesting because it has little biographies too. It's not run as a competition though!

maisystar Mon 28-Mar-05 10:54:36

how strange...

Gobbledigook Mon 28-Mar-05 16:05:35

Thought there would have been more views on this! Anyone else?!

Tinker Mon 28-Mar-05 16:11:52

Think it's quite amusing. Would put Michael Jackosn in there for this year.

tiffini Mon 28-Mar-05 16:15:08

it is hard to shock people in this day and age, theres not much that has'nt been done or said.

JanH Mon 28-Mar-05 16:20:23

I've got Who's Alive & Who's Dead bookmarked - quite useful although it's very US-oriented so has loads of people you've never heard of.

JanH Mon 28-Mar-05 16:23:23

TinyGang's Dead People Server

flamesparrow Mon 28-Mar-05 17:19:54

rotten dead

Found it too hard to think of my list though!!! I like the news for each day....

TinyGang Mon 28-Mar-05 17:36:48

Aw, thank you Janh .

You know, I had a go at linking something once and made such a hash of it I've never wanted to have another try! Really should get a grip!

Gobbledigook Mon 28-Mar-05 22:27:22

Thought this would have sparked a real debate! Obviously no really strong feelings on it.

I don't have strong feeling btw - I don't really see what's wrong with it. A bit 'dark' I suppose but not doing anyone any actual harm!

jasper Mon 28-Mar-05 23:26:25

great idea!

flamesparrow Tue 29-Mar-05 10:41:23

Maybe we're just all equally twisted....

handlemecarefully Tue 29-Mar-05 10:46:31

Doesn't bother me particularly. Very mildly uncomfortable with the idea so wouldn't participate myself, but don't really disapprove as such.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now