Advanced search

Seasoned Ebayers - - tips please?

(14 Posts)
Socci Sat 26-Mar-05 09:53:58

Message withdrawn

Socci Sat 26-Mar-05 09:56:30

Message withdrawn

Nemo1977 Sat 26-Mar-05 10:04:45

It is simple but you need to take into account costs for listing/ ebay taking percentage from ur final sale and if you use paypal the fact you are charged for it. So it is good and simple but also sometimes u can end up only making pennies for your stuff

Flossam Sat 26-Mar-05 10:14:55

Childrens clothes often end up going really cheap. I would definately buy from there (and have done) but would think twice about selling. Do you plan to sell them as single items or as a lot? You may get more in total as single items but fees would be more and quite a few might not go. With a lot you would only have one fee to pay but not garenteed to make much for it. I got 25 items the other day for 4.50 for example. Do you have any designer clothes?

Socci Sat 26-Mar-05 10:17:24

Message withdrawn

Nemo1977 Sat 26-Mar-05 10:20:12

socci i would suggest selling in bundles for clothes as they sell better and also easier to sort out for postage etc. However with the designer items i would list them individually as people will bid on single items such as timberland, moschino etc

Flossam Sat 26-Mar-05 10:20:46

Have a look, do a search and see how well designer childrens clothes are doing atm. Then maybe consider selling those as seperate lots if they seem to be selling well and bundle the rest together. Good luck!

Socci Sat 26-Mar-05 10:30:17

Message withdrawn

Socci Sat 26-Mar-05 12:47:18

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Sat 26-Mar-05 12:49:19

If your local NCT branch does Nearly New sales, this may be an easier way to unload clothes - you get only half of the sale price, but it's much less work. You have to price them and send them off, and it's done.

I'm saving all my baby stuff for our next sale.

Socci Sat 26-Mar-05 12:51:38

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Sat 26-Mar-05 12:52:47

I don't know about other branches, but ours is "Nearly New", and in practice, people brought any old stuff. I only tried to sell designery stuff, but other people were selling lots that wasn't.

Not everything sells this way, and it might not be at a convenient time of year to you, but you can get it back if it doesn't sell.

misdee Sat 26-Mar-05 12:53:01

they sell anything. dont need tags on them at all.

feelingold Sun 27-Mar-05 15:52:37

I have sold loads of things on ebay. You must try to take a clear photo and describe as much about the item as poss and if the clothes have anything on back or pockets etc try to take a close up of it. I have only ever had a couple of things not sell. It is easy, the first item you list will probably take you a few minutes but subsequent items will be quicker. i'm not very good on the computer, but even I can manage ebay!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: