Talk

Advanced search

Am I right to be annoyed by my selfish MIL

(7 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Fri 25-Mar-05 11:20:06

I am having a party today for dd2 today, it has been planned a couple of months.

My mil had a stroke last year and has made very very good progress, she is getting about unaided now. I asked her weeks ago to come to the party, she said she couldn't because she couldn't get down our steep drive, if FIL pulled the car down the drive this would stop all this and she we could a completely flat walk to the front door.

DH phoned her last night to see what time she was coming and she said that she had decided to go to her sisters for the weekend. FFS she doesn't work and FIL has over a week off so why has she decided to go today, couldn't she have gone tomorrow, she complains that she can't come here but can travel from Leeds to Newcastle no problem. She also makes sure that she goes to the pub every night for a few pints.

Now I am left with having to explain to a 3 year old won't be coming to her party but can spend all day travelling.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo annoyed.

Gobbledigook Fri 25-Mar-05 11:23:31

Would be pissed off too Bubbles - she sounds horrible!

Is dd having lots of friends round? Hopefully she'll have so much fun she won't even notice the old boot is missing

BubblesDeVere Fri 25-Mar-05 11:24:42

Yes she has about 7 friends coming and her favourite neighbour of ours, who incidentally sees more of than her own nanna and adores her. So she will be well and truly ruined this afternoon lol.

Gobbledigook Fri 25-Mar-05 11:26:52

Ahhh, good. What are you doing? Just having them all round your house?

BubblesDeVere Fri 25-Mar-05 11:29:14

Yes having them all round as usual, got them loads of nibbles done etc, the weather here is gorgeous so hopefully it will hold up and they can play outside

Gobbledigook Fri 25-Mar-05 11:30:57

oooh, I hope it stays nice!

I've got ds1's party on 10th April and I am literally praying for dry weather as we are having a bouncy slide and I've got 24 kids coming so no way can I have them all in the house!

Starting to panic a bit actually! Should have thought about the 'wet weather alternative' - eek!

BubblesDeVere Sat 26-Mar-05 12:07:13

Well, the party was a huge success and we got some surprise visitors too which made my day, the weather here was red hot all afternoon so all the children played outside and a good time was had by all.

One of my friends stopped back after everyone had gone and when dd1 and dd2 were in bed we cracked a bottle of wine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now