Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm going bald! Help!

(5 Posts)
Flossam Fri 25-Mar-05 00:32:00

OK I know hair loss after pregnancy is normal. But I thought it would of happened by now, DS is nearly 5 months. My hair has thinned dramatically on either side of my hairline, above my eyebrows. I can't wear my hair up at all. I am stressed I think. I've had problems with my brothers wedding, am worrying about money and returning to work, and our rented flat has just gone up for sale, so our security has gone. ON top of that DS is my first and I have always been a worrier, he has had quite a few off days recently.

When did your hair fall out? Did it go in patches and how long till it came back? Should I go to GP's yet or wait and see for a week? Now I am stressing about going bald, which won't help I know!

ThomCat Fri 25-Mar-05 00:35:25

First, don't panic, hair loss is normal and it does happen for a while after birth.
Second, don't wear ghair up, leave it down for a bit.

That's all the advice I have right now. same thing happened to my friend and she was fine as I'm sure you will be.

Flossam Fri 25-Mar-05 00:47:08

Thanks. I am just concerned that it is those two areas. My hair is usually very thick, and feels considerable thinner already, and it has only been for the past week. I am getting a widows peak

ThomCat Fri 25-Mar-05 00:55:23

That's exactley where my friends fell out. Mine went all over and another friend would wake up to find clumps on her pillow.

jabberwocky Fri 25-Mar-05 01:06:31

Mine fell out for about a year after giving birth. It drove me crazy. Has finally started to grow back in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now