Talk

Advanced search

Panic now.......

(10 Posts)
assumpta Thu 24-Mar-05 20:20:43

I have also posted on Travel. Does anyone know the score on taking homeopathic remedies into the states from here, England. Do i declare them, put them in hand baggage, or just not worry. Please help!!!!

albert Thu 24-Mar-05 20:42:13

Don't panic, I was sitting here thinking about this as I am studying to be a homeopath but I don't know the answer! When are you going? Can you call the US embassy or the airport maybe? I doubt that you have to declare them because unless they are very high potency you can buy most remedies 'over the counter' (I think, don't live in the UK so I'm not sure) but anyway, you don't have to declare things like asprin which is an 'otc' drug and that is much stronger! I'd be very interested to know the answer if someone can provide it.

assumpta Thu 24-Mar-05 20:44:58

Thank you anyway albert, so far on the two other postings, health and travel say that it shouldn't be a problem.

MistressMary Thu 24-Mar-05 20:50:14

I think you have to be careful they dont go through the xray machines?

Not sure, but think I read that somewhere.

franke Thu 24-Mar-05 20:53:21

Doesn't everything go through an x-ray machine? We travelled in the States and took a load of remedies with us. It never occurred to me that we should declare them. I'm pretty sure you don't have to - they're not drugs after all.

assumpta Thu 24-Mar-05 20:55:01

Thank you so much, it is putting my mind at ease that you don't think there will be a problem.

MistressMary Thu 24-Mar-05 20:56:08

Just had a look at my kit, there's a leaflet in there saying "Do not x- ray" ??!

assumpta Thu 24-Mar-05 20:59:46

i spoke to my homeopath about this and she said not to worry. Everything else she tells me is fine, so i am trusting her on this too. i am more worried about being stopped and fiercely questioned.

MistressMary Thu 24-Mar-05 21:01:48

That's alright then.
I'm sure she will advise you correctly.

HappyDaddy Thu 24-Mar-05 23:08:14

I'd keep quiet. My mum once declared that she had two oranges in her suitcase so they made her turn the whole thing out. I dunno, some people never knowwhen to keep quiet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: