Talk

Advanced search

I entered a competition in town on tues.......

(24 Posts)
sparklymieow Thu 24-Mar-05 17:41:52

I only bl**dly won didn't I??!!! DH took a call earlier and told me to phone the bloke back, and that i had a competition!! so I did and I have won a family photo at a studio in town, free sitting and a lovely photo in a frame worth £500. I never win anything, I wasn't even going to enter, its only coz Misdee did, that I did!!

noddyholder Thu 24-Mar-05 17:45:22

what did you have to do?

Blossomhill Thu 24-Mar-05 17:46:43

Great Mieow. You could do with cheering up

unicorn Thu 24-Mar-05 17:47:13

* be careful*
this may be one of those veiled attempts at getting you to buy lots more very expensive photos.
Hope not.. just be wary.

JanH Thu 24-Mar-05 17:57:24

Mmmmm - I would echo unicorn. Has misdee won as well, do you know, mieow? Vantage photographers do this all the time.

If not and it is genuine and there will be no hard sell at the end then it's great news, well done!

tamum Thu 24-Mar-05 18:00:39

I hope it's OK too mieow, but if you look at the threads on Venture on here lots of people won their photo and then got the hard sell. I hope we're all wrong and it's lovely

katierocket Thu 24-Mar-05 18:03:47

this is Venture; everyone "wins"
It's not a con in that you will get your sitting, photo etc but they'll try to get you to buy lots more (obviously you don't have to)

flamesparrow Thu 24-Mar-05 18:04:23

If it is venture, we got a beautiful photo, and yes, there was the sell - only ot be expected, but we stayed strong and just got our prize.

misdee Thu 24-Mar-05 18:07:44

its not venture, its a local business who have just started doing family portraits, before they only did business photos. Mieow asked if it was the same as the venture comps, andhe said no, only one person will win. And they do lovely photos and a wider choice of frames. And mieow doesnt even have to pay a 'refundable sitting fee'.

and no i didnt win

HUNKERMUNKER Thu 24-Mar-05 18:11:35

Congrats, Mieow! Commiserations, Misdee! Sneak round the back when she's having her pic taken and do bunny ears fingers on her head

tamum Thu 24-Mar-05 18:16:36

Oh well that's fantastic then mieow! Sorry misdee though.

katierocket Thu 24-Mar-05 18:19:53

well that sounds great then!

JanH Thu 24-Mar-05 19:37:02

Thrilled for you, then, mieow (and commiserations, misdee). (BTW when I said Vantage of course I meant Venture - does everybody else's brain produce the wrong word?)

What a cynical suspicious lot of mums we are here

Miaou Thu 24-Mar-05 19:56:12

now now misdee, didn't you just win a garnier highlights kit?

No stomping feet and yelling "I NEVER win" cos we know it's not true!!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Thu 24-Mar-05 19:58:45

Well done! I hope the photo is more than incredible. Enjoy the experience (and leave your purse at home)

misdee Thu 24-Mar-05 20:13:12

do u think i can get mieow to swap the photo session for the hair dye kit?

sparklymieow Thu 24-Mar-05 22:11:32

The man said he had put all the information and the voucher in the post, I asked again when I phoned back, if I had to pay anything (I am quite suspicious ) and he said "NO, you have won it all" lol

mummytosteven Thu 24-Mar-05 22:12:28

and if you make sure you leave you purse at home when you go and collect the photos, so they can't hard sell you into buying any!

sparklymieow Thu 24-Mar-05 22:15:39

I'll just have the £500 one

hub2dee Thu 24-Mar-05 22:31:13

Well done sparkly ! Congrats and have a happy session and don't forget to get an extra shot with the stretch limo.

sparklymieow Thu 24-Mar-05 22:45:01

and the strippers Hub2dee!!!!! don't forget them!!

hub2dee Thu 24-Mar-05 23:12:27

Sorry to break the news to you, Sparkly mieooooooow, but the boys are refusing to work for you again as they all said they went home too tired and sore after the last ride in the stretch limo.

What did you do to the poor lambs ?

sparklymieow Fri 25-Mar-05 00:48:20

Oh!!! aren't you supposed to work them so hard then???

hub2dee Fri 25-Mar-05 16:15:51

Thing is, sparkly, that with Health & Safety as it is, they need a break every two hours, and they're telling me that simply didn't happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now