Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Enid, I owe you an apology...

(20 Posts)
marthamoo Thu 24-Mar-05 10:02:50

I argued quite strongly on another thread when you asked if certain threads could be ignored on MN. I said it would be isolationist, and spoil the wonderfully inclusive nature of MN. I carried on in this vein for several paragraphs and concluded that I would never use such a facility.

Guess who now clicks on "Without buying/selling" every time I use MN ?

Marina Thu 24-Mar-05 10:38:55

I like it when people apologise to Enid so I clicked on this thread immediately
And yes, I use "without buying/selling" every time too!

flamesparrow Thu 24-Mar-05 10:40:48

Me too

Although I get to be smug cos I wasn't opposed to it in the beginning

snafu Thu 24-Mar-05 10:41:42

Me too lol

Wonder who clicks on 'without chat'?

chipmonkey Thu 24-Mar-05 10:52:22

is this enid of the chicken nuggets?

Beetroot Thu 24-Mar-05 10:53:22

Message withdrawn

iota Thu 24-Mar-05 10:55:16

I'm a confirmed without buying and selling user too - except when I hit without chat by mistake

emmatmg Thu 24-Mar-05 10:56:42

always without buying and selling.

(wish there was a "chat only" one too sometimes)

Marina Thu 24-Mar-05 14:51:50

Hey, Enid, a thread just for you!

marthamoo Thu 24-Mar-05 20:49:03

She hasn't seen this, has she? And there's me grovelling on bended knee.

nutcracker Thu 24-Mar-05 20:51:05

I still have the list with everything in, think i'm frightened of missing something.

NannyJo Thu 24-Mar-05 20:57:23

stupid question cos i'm quite new to this but what does 'without buying and selling' mean. How does that work. Do you mean that there is too much buying and selling going on? surely can you not just ignore tha links that you are not interested in? I may have this all wrong though and I do apologise if I do. DOH!!

Aero Thu 24-Mar-05 20:59:28

me too nutty!

marthamoo Thu 24-Mar-05 21:02:36

NannyJo, it means you can look at all the threads except those that are under the "buying and Selling" topic heading. So if you don't come to MN to buy and sell things you needn't look at those threads. You also can choose not to look at "Chat" though I don't know why anyone would do that as it's one of my most clicked on subject headings!

HUNKERMUNKER Thu 24-Mar-05 21:02:47

I click on without buying and selling too (except in my more ditzy moments when I click on 'Join Mumsnet'...doh!).

Nannyjo, yes, you can ignore the threads, but when half of active conversations is taken up with people selling the contents of their loft, it does get a bit frustrating

NannyJo Thu 24-Mar-05 21:05:18

now i feel stupid. i just had a look and saw what you all meant at the top. i'm not great at technology and i feel stupid now. i'm the same though i couldn't not have all topics up cos i feel like i might miss something. too nosey thats my problem.

Enid Sun 27-Mar-05 18:02:32

Enid Sun 27-Mar-05 19:44:01

I am selling something though

Twiglett Sun 27-Mar-05 19:46:28

and no-one will ever know what is now

Libb Sun 27-Mar-05 19:49:43

I won't, I like this selective viewing - it is like Sky Plus but without the grumpy partner trying to take over your favourites!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now