Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Godparent christening present - ideas please!!!

(14 Posts)
RudyDudy Thu 24-Mar-05 09:56:59

My godson's christening is in a few weeks and I am drawing a complete blank on present ideas! He has quite cool initials so was thinking of engraving something - just don't know what! (Don't want to get a tankard as that's what his parents got for my DS).

What are the best presents you've had / given / heard about?

TIA

lockets Thu 24-Mar-05 10:01:03

Message withdrawn

katzguk Thu 24-Mar-05 10:01:38

hmmm best christening present, we had a few

someone bought DD a wooden jigsaw which is her name.
She had some lovely books, Noahs Ark

will think on gotta go to a meeting

can i just add please aviod a money box DD got 10!!

Cadbury Thu 24-Mar-05 10:02:48

We didn't have dd or ds Christened but we had dedication services fr them both and chose godparents for them. My ds's godparents did something that blew us away. They have set up a trust account thing and are paying a bit of money into it every month. He will be given a lovely nest egg when he's 18 or so. We were really touched but the thoughtfulness of that.

RudyDudy Thu 24-Mar-05 10:06:31

wow - that is lovely Cadbury. Were you not at all embarassed by that? Or am I just being a bit 'British'? It's just that his parents are pretty comfortable financially and I'm concerned they may think it's too much or something - or feel bad for not having done the same for my DS who is their godson

lockets - am I being stupid? Is Links a shop? (btw - how are you? how are the BH today? )

welshmum Thu 24-Mar-05 10:08:24

We were given a silver welcoming cup from dd's Scottish godparents - it's got a proper name but I've mislaid it in my preggie brain. It's to toast the baby's arrival. We want to start a tradition now of drinking from it with dd every birthday - obviously it will be milk to start with...

RudyDudy Thu 24-Mar-05 10:13:28

'Quaich' - is the gaelic name WM - his father is half Scottish - half Irish so that could be very appropriate. Also his mom is Sri Lankan origin and they have a tradition of blessing a new house with boiling a milk based drink that everyone drinks from so could be a good combination of their two traditions. Just found some on a website- they are gorgeous.

welshmum Thu 24-Mar-05 10:16:49

Oh good - I was some help - can you remind me how to pronounce 'quaich' Rudy? thanks

flamesparrow Thu 24-Mar-05 10:17:52

I gave mine a pocket watch - which I will actually get round to getting engraved one of these days!!!

RudyDudy Thu 24-Mar-05 10:18:28

No idea WM!!! Just got it off a website and my gaelic is non-existent. It describes it as cup of friendship for welcoming visitors which I think is lovely. I've never even heard of them before.

lockets Thu 24-Mar-05 10:20:56

Message withdrawn

lockets Thu 24-Mar-05 10:21:48

Message withdrawn

RudyDudy Thu 24-Mar-05 10:24:08

nice shop lockets

thank you everyone - can't believe half an hour ago I had no idea and now I feel spoilt for choice! I love MN

hayleylou Thu 24-Mar-05 10:40:44

someone named a star for my son...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now