Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me with my wedding reception!!

(9 Posts)
beansprout Wed 23-Mar-05 20:28:00

Thanks loads to everyone who posted on my earlier thread but can any of the evening lot give me any suggestions for where to hold a wedding reception?

Needs to be in West/SW/North London, for about 50 people and about £25-£30 per head.

Thank you loads and loads in advance!!

beansprout Wed 23-Mar-05 20:56:52

bump!

bakedpotato Wed 23-Mar-05 21:00:34

lauderdale house in highgate is nice, i've been to a wedding and recep there. it's not particularly glossy, but neither is it municipal.
nice setting, in waterlow park.
no idea about cost, sorry.

Davros Wed 23-Mar-05 21:00:42

We had ours at Canonbury Academy in Islington and could provide everything ourselves so not too expensive. It was lovely. You could also look at Lauderdale House, Kenwood as they seem to have various rooms for hire, Burgh House is lovely......

bakedpotato Wed 23-Mar-05 21:03:28

the Art Workers' Guild, nr Gt Ormond St, is just the loveliest space i've been to in London. think that's WC1 though, so maybe not the right area for you.

soapbox Wed 23-Mar-05 21:03:47

Bean - don't want you to think you are being ignored

2 places spring to mind but don't know how the budget will work.

1. belair house

2.description

soapbox Wed 23-Mar-05 21:04:47

oops

2. was supposed to be the belvedere !!

Davros Wed 23-Mar-05 21:09:55

Been to one at the Belvedere, very nice, with ceremony in the Orangery. Also Leighton House is lovely. You could just look at all the historic buildings in the areas you like, try the National Trust and Eng Heritage websites.

beansprout Wed 23-Mar-05 22:12:38

Thanks for all of these suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now