Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone mind if I have a rant about how crap my week has been?

(21 Posts)
Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 19:13:08

Message withdrawn

helsi Wed 23-Mar-05 19:15:08

we all need to now and again & what better place than here. [hugs]

006 Wed 23-Mar-05 19:15:32

Bummer! Much sympathy. Theraputic glass of wine in order?

SleepyJess Wed 23-Mar-05 19:20:05

Ainsmum.. how about paediatric osteopathy for DD's ears? Worked very well for my DS when he was little.

And re: work, are you sure your employers are within their legal rights, downgrading you and refusing flexi hours? It doesn't sound very in keeping with how the government say they are trying help working parents!

SJ x

Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 19:25:47

Message withdrawn

SleepyJess Wed 23-Mar-05 19:36:30

Hi Ainsmum. Re the osteopathy.. if you are anywhere near London, you could go to the Osteopathic Centre for Children at Harley Street... and it's free! You just put a donation in an envelope and hand it in.. whatever you can afford.

We took DS there several times (we lived up North at the time but used to visit Kent where we now live and use to go there mid-trip). Eventually, they referred us to one of their recommended paediatric osteopaths near where we were in Manchester.

You have to bit a bit open minded about how they work.. it looks as if they are doing very little (gently touching the head) but they definitely do something! DS has all sorts of problems and while he was gaving these treatments his ear problems improved (severe glue ear at the time) and he started sleeping better.

Have just found a bit about the centre.. will copy and paste in a sec below.. It doesn't mention ears there but I read lots of info at the time and know they have a very high success rate with ear problems. Will also link to the site I got it from because if Harley Street is too far away to consider, you may want to look another one up. Or you can phone Harley Street and ask them to recommend you straight to someone but they will offer you an assessment anyway as they like to do one if they can.

Hope this helps, SJ x

Osteopathic Centre for Children
(020) 7486 6160
The Osteopathic Centre for Children is a registered charity committed to the osteopathy care of children.
At the OCC clinic in London, babies and children come for treatment with such diverse conditions as asthma, cerebral palsy, colic, Down's syndrome, eczema, sleeplessness and the more common childhood ailments. Pregnant and post-partum women are also cared for.

The OCC is further committed to research into the effectiveness of osteopathy, and the raising of public awareness that osteopathy is for children first. More than 25,000 treatments are given at the clinic in London every year and no child is ever turned away for want of a family's ability to pay.

Address: 109 Harley Street, London W1G 6AN

Children's osteopaths and alternative therapists

Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 19:48:06

Message withdrawn

SleepyJess Wed 23-Mar-05 19:51:10

Good luck AM. Yes ring them.. they are v.helpful. A lovely young (and good looking so iy turned out! ) osteopath spent ages on the phone to me the first time I rang.. and at that point I didn't even know that we'd be able to go there.. but he wanted to help anyway. There might be a similar centre in Scotland.. and I'm sure they will have one near you on their books.

SJ x

Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 20:19:05

Message withdrawn

Marina Wed 23-Mar-05 20:56:09

Oh the bloody sod Aimsmum - just followed your link. Are you in GMB or Amicus? Rant away, hope you have a better night tonight

Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 21:03:12

Message withdrawn

Marina Wed 23-Mar-05 21:05:15

Actually you might want to CAT Batters as she is in HE admin too and their regradings are a shambles just now - she might have some tips Aimsmum

Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 21:10:24

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Wed 23-Mar-05 21:33:02

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 14:54:41

Message withdrawn

SleepyJess Thu 24-Mar-05 15:09:20

That's great AM. That sounds about the normal price for a first consultation with an alternative therapist. Subsequent appointments are usually about half that.

Hope you get somewhere. Please keep us posted

SJ x

Aimsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 21:11:17

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Fri 25-Mar-05 10:36:48

Message withdrawn

cazzybabs Fri 25-Mar-05 11:49:39

Oh poor you - hope you get more sleep and your dd feels a bit better!

SleepyJess Fri 25-Mar-05 13:11:44

AM.. Iwould really recommend that you give the Harley Street Centre a ring.. they will then give you the name of someone local who is DEFINITELY trained in paediatric osteopathy and works in the same way as they do . Sorry you had a wasted trip.

SJ x

Aimsmum Fri 25-Mar-05 20:25:26

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now