Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How easy was it for you to get a car loan?

(5 Posts)
Mothernature Wed 23-Mar-05 11:04:00

We are thinking of changing our car for something a little more practical, at present we have a 5 door Vaxhall Astra 1.6, we are looking into the possibility of having a Hi-Lux surf, all 3 children are now teenagers we need the leg room (big feet syndrome) plus hubby is into dog racing, therefore is thinking of aquiring another husky, it needs to be able to access mountian turain....we have always bought our cars cash, but things are a little tight at the moment therefore cannot see that we would be able to save enough in time. Who did you go with and how easy was it for you?

NomDePlume Wed 23-Mar-05 11:17:39

We went with the AA for a car loan, got a great rate and it was no problem to apply for.

starlover Wed 23-Mar-05 15:31:28

I got a loan with Tesco... that was when I wasn't earning much too...
They were really good, and it was the cheapest rate around at the time...

bibiboo Wed 23-Mar-05 23:40:03

I had a totally hassle free loan with Lombard Direct. They were the cheapest around at the time and the only gripe I have with them is they send out a fresh mailshot every fortnight or so.

QueenEagle Wed 23-Mar-05 23:43:44

I used FirstDirect, sorted it over the phone, whilst waiting for them to put the money into my account I had a temporary overdraft which paid the car then had 2 months before starting to pay back the loan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now