Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Whats better - Whipsnade wild animal park or Woburn Safari Park?

(8 Posts)
Josw19 Wed 23-Mar-05 10:21:35

We're visiting relatives north of London over Easter and have 2 under 5's. Anyone been to both and have a preference?

iota Wed 23-Mar-05 10:25:11

both are good - sorry that's no help is it?

misdee Wed 23-Mar-05 10:28:17

havent been to boh, but love whipsnade.

strawberry Wed 23-Mar-05 10:29:59

We prefer Woburn. The safari drive doesn't take too long and there are lots of activities on foot too, including huge indoor play area and petting farm. Whipsnade is massive and you need to drive part of it although not a safari as such.

misdee Wed 23-Mar-05 10:31:18

nah straeberry, you pay a fortune and go on the safari train.

Josw19 Wed 23-Mar-05 10:42:09

Well I think Woburn it is then, Strawberry - you said exactly what someones else had told me too, and its nearer the M1 - decision made, thanks mumsnetters

JanH Wed 23-Mar-05 11:07:25

Don't know exactly where you're visiting, but for under 5's a smaller animal park might be better? There are loads around Herts/Beds/Cambs:

Willows Farm Village
Woodside Farm
Linton Zoo
Mead Open Farm
Paradise Wildlife Park
Wimpole
Thurleigh Farm

misdee Wed 23-Mar-05 12:27:32

willows farm is excellant, just off the M25 i think, near london colney. Paradise animal park would be further to travel but also very good. well i say further, but i dont know where your staying.

My dd's are going to whipsnade during the holidays, and in one way i'm glad i;m not going as it will be very busy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now