Talk

Advanced search

It's like being back at school myself... lost in the playground...

(28 Posts)
ks Tue 22-Mar-05 17:12:32

Message withdrawn

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 22-Mar-05 17:14:53

You play with us darling. She'll soon be gone and the playground will be a happier place and it will all be forgotten. Fret not honey. Smile and make sure you invite yourself. Talk to one of the mums that you know really well and invite yourself along with her. Trust me, it will be better.

beachyhead Tue 22-Mar-05 17:16:05

I guess she doesn't really feel that you have made up and she is trying to make a point....I'd go anyway!!!!

iota Tue 22-Mar-05 17:16:28

are the kids going on the get together? if so, you wouldn't want to be there anyway if her son is a problem

ks Tue 22-Mar-05 17:33:37

Message withdrawn

tamum Tue 22-Mar-05 17:36:57

ks, I would invite you if I could (if I was organising a mums thing, and I lived anywhere near you, and our children went to the same school and so on). Listen to Marslady, and come and play with us instead. I hope the mothers at your ds's new school are much nicer (only just read that thread BTW, so well done him!)

ks Tue 22-Mar-05 17:40:47

Message withdrawn

marthamoo Tue 22-Mar-05 17:48:06

Their loss, ks, their loss - we love you!

ks Tue 22-Mar-05 18:52:39

Message withdrawn

lou33 Tue 22-Mar-05 19:44:56

i always preferred the girl noone wanted to play with myself

tamum Tue 22-Mar-05 19:47:04

kayesss we lo-o-ve you, we do,
oh kayess we love you

(obv that won't work at all if you pronounce it ks like a word)

Gobbledigook Tue 22-Mar-05 19:47:50

Stuff em - it's very sad and more akin to 15 yr old behaviour than grown women.

ks Tue 22-Mar-05 20:23:49

Message withdrawn

ks Tue 22-Mar-05 20:24:41

Message withdrawn

lou33 Tue 22-Mar-05 20:55:13

i hope you are not suggesting what i think you are!

Gobbledigook Tue 22-Mar-05 21:00:04

I know what you mean - I've felt it myself - part of me thinks 'I'm grown up, why should I care, they are pathetic' but the very human part of you is still hurt and you can't help feeling like that. Thank goodness for Mumsnet!!

Beetroot Tue 22-Mar-05 21:00:59

Message withdrawn

Prufrock Tue 22-Mar-05 22:40:10

ks - screw them, stupid pod people.

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 22-Mar-05 22:45:56

ks, if you'd "rolled over" and ignored her ds's treatment of your ds, you may have got an invite. There's no choice really is there?

WideWebWitch Wed 23-Mar-05 12:13:51

Sorry to hear this ks, ignore her. Be aloof and interesting

Pamina3 Wed 23-Mar-05 12:18:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Issymum Wed 23-Mar-05 12:32:18

"I suppose, can't be working mummy who has no time for their silly coffee mornings and expect to get invited.."

KS/Pamina: on the very rare occasions I get to pick up DD1 from pre-school or attend events there, I feel completely excluded. Aside from the couple of mothers I know because we have their kids round to play, nobody talks to me. There again I think I scr*wed up early on during one of the rare occasions on which I'd been included in a group conversation. They were all talking about what they'd done that morning and one of the mothers I know asked me what I'd been up to. I stupidly replied 'flying back from New York' [true]. Social death ensued.

DD1 is also hardly ever invited to parties (although maybe there aren't that many as she's only 4). At the one party I did attend I started to chat to one of the other mothers only to be told halfway through the conversation that she thought it was important to stay at home and look after her own children and the good thing about my DH being disabled was that at least I didn't have to feel guilty about working.

DD1 starts school in September and I really want to get to know the other mothers in her class, but picking up a maximum of once a week, I just don't know how I'm going to make it happen.

ks Wed 23-Mar-05 13:39:43

Message withdrawn

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 23-Mar-05 16:40:28

Issymum - appalled and shocked at some of the things said to you.

Issymum Wed 23-Mar-05 16:46:23

I thought it was fairly extreme too! It turns out that the mother in question is a little, shall we say, strange. So I've taken this comment as representative of 'strange people' rather than SAHMs.

Interestingly my 'best friend' at the pre-school is the most SAHMMY SAHM. She is on the pre-school committee, she bakes muffins, throws fabulous kids' parties and does lovely crafty things with her children and she is totally secure about her role as an SAHM (as she should be) and that makes her very easy company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now