Talk

Advanced search

New Car

(8 Posts)
titchy Tue 22-Mar-05 13:21:03

DH has finally agreed to get a new car for me to drive!!!!! We have a budget of just over £15 (company will be paying for it so no reason to get a cheaper one), so I am in the enviable position of having to choose one, and I can't!!!!

Do any of you wise MNers have any recommendations? Needs are that it must have a high driving position with lots of boot room, sunroof, electric windows, aircon etc. 7 seats would be nice (for chauffer duties). I also thought about getting a car which had a dvd player in the back to keep the kids quiet on long journeys, but I'm not sure how much these cost, and whether the dealer could fit them.

All thoughts gratefully received!

nikcola Tue 22-Mar-05 13:22:09

£15 !!!!!!

Mum2Ela Tue 22-Mar-05 13:23:56

personally like saabs, but they don' have 7 seats and u can't often pick em up for fifteen quid

BearintheBigBlueHouse Tue 22-Mar-05 13:25:59

VW Touran or Toyota Corolla Verso will fit the bill - you might need a bit more dosh for the DVD option tho'

Yorkiegirl Tue 22-Mar-05 13:35:05

Message withdrawn

princesspeahead Tue 22-Mar-05 13:40:45

titchy, go to drivethedeal.com when you've got a shortlist, and check the prices. you may find that better cars/higher spec may well become affordable - they do fantastic deals and the cars come from main uk dealers (who you contract with) so no danger. I bought a car this way (toyota landcruiser) and saved a LOT

titchy Tue 22-Mar-05 14:12:38

£15!!!!!

If only!!!!

I meant £15,000.....

titchy Wed 23-Mar-05 10:50:14

PPH - thanks for the website - really useful, I'm sure we'll use it when we buy the car.

Bear - the Touran looks good, and comes with the dvd player as an option, so will definately be test driving one of those.

Yorkie - I did think about the Zafira, but dh wants something a bit more 'exiting'. he has this idea the British cars are just dull (I know, men eh?! )

any more ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now