Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lovely, lovely ScummyMummy...

(10 Posts)
marthamoo Mon 21-Mar-05 14:09:28

I posted a while back about the problems I was having with ds1 here and ScummyMummy recommended a book for us to read together called "No Kiss for Mother" by Tomi Ungerer and offered to lend me her copy. Unfortunately she couldn't find it - which was fine - but then she did the sweetest thing and ordered a copy for me online. It arrived this morning - all the way from San Francisco!

So thankyou SM - you really shouldn't have but I am very touched. I've read it now and will read it to ds1 tonight - I know he'll like it, Piper Paw is on his wavelength!

Just more proof that Mumsnetters are a kind and generous bunch of people!

Thankyou!

Marina Mon 21-Mar-05 14:12:12

How nice, MM. Hope the book does the trick.
Scummy is a lovely person on here and in RL.

nutcracker Mon 21-Mar-05 14:16:27

What is it about MM ???? Have just looked on amazon but there doesn't ssem to be a descrption.

marthamoo Mon 21-Mar-05 14:24:24

It's about a cat called Piper Paw who is fed up of being "mothered" - very much like my ds1 who won't hold my hand, or be kissed in public any more and objects to being called "baby" or "sweetie pie".

He gets injured at school and bandaged up and come out to be greeted by his mother -

...she carries him off in a torrent of kisses.
"My little sugar tiger, what have they done to you? Quick, a doctor! To the hospital," she cries. "Taxi, here, taxi!"
Piper is mortified.
He yanks himself free, screaming:
"Don't kiss me in front of people.
Kisses, kisses alll the time.
I don't like it.
I don't want it.
GOOD MORNING KISSES,
GOOD EVENING KISSES,
THANK YOU KISSES
KISS ME KISSES
SORRY DARLING KISSES
SUMMER KISSES
WINTER KISSES
LICKY KISSES
SLOPPY KISSES
SOGGY KISSES."

They have a big falling out but it all come right in the end - he agrees to be nicer if she agrees no more kissing (in public anyway!)

It's lovely.

Tinker Mon 21-Mar-05 15:44:03

Scummy is fab and I've met her as well

Enid Mon 21-Mar-05 15:51:18

have never met her but have always been a fan, esp since KarmelGate

WideWebWitch Mon 21-Mar-05 15:59:40

I think she's fab here and IRL (just for you Scummy, since you don't like acronyms!)

ScummyMummy Mon 21-Mar-05 20:00:04

. Thanks moo- it was a pleasure.

I think everyone who's posted on this thread is great too, as it happens.

marthamoo Mon 21-Mar-05 21:22:58

I read it to him this evening - he really liked it and laughed a lot (at the pictures too). When I had finished I said "so...did that remind you of anyone?" and he laughed and said "yes...me."

So it's thank you from me, and thank you from him!

Prufrock Mon 21-Mar-05 23:05:56

It's true, she really is absolutely fabulous - (but she really can't hold her alcohol ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now